Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So originally my schools said they were doing a partnership with another sixth form where we could do courses at both, then they said they were not doing the partnership ( I posted a thread about picking a sixth form) but now they are saying the partnership might actually happen.

If it doesn't go through again then will have to pick between two sixth forms. One where I would probs have the chance of 1 friend maybe two because it is my school's sixth form (I wouldn't be able to make new friends) or a new one where I'd be in a situation to make new friends.

Just to add I don't have hardly any friends at the moment and have no social life.

If it was too happen though I would pick two A levels at my school's sixth form and then two A levels at the other sixth form.
    If I was to do this, do you think I would be able to make a few or quite a few new friends in those two classes I do up the other sixth form?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I did 3 A Levels (dropped to 2 mid way A2) at my main sixth form, and I did 1 A Level at another sixth form in my city. I had friends at my main sixth form, but no real friends at the other sixth form (however, my main sixth form was grammar school and the other one wasn't, so education levels alone were different). To do 2 A Levels in one sixth form and 2 in another seems quite a hassle! :eek: I found 3 and 1 to be iffy enough; it cut my time at my main school where I had all my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I did 3 A Levels (dropped to 2 mid way A2) at my main sixth form, and I did 1 A Level at another sixth form in my city. I had friends at my main sixth form, but no real friends at the other sixth form (however, my main sixth form was grammar school and the other one wasn't, so education levels alone were different). To do 2 A Levels in one sixth form and 2 in another seems quite a hassle! :eek: I found 3 and 1 to be iffy enough; it cut my time at my main school where I had all my friends.
    The situation that I am in is that I don't really have any friends in my main school.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Studentflaw)
    The situation that I am in is that I don't really have any friends in my main school.
    I didn't have many either, perhaps 2 close friends and a handful of 'friends'. I'm at uni now, and I'm only in contact with 1 of those close friends regularly. I found during A Levels I didn't have much of a social life, nor do I really have one at uni. :laugh:

Is there anyone else in your year considering this partnership deal?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have many either, perhaps 2 close friends and a handful of 'friends'. I'm at uni now, and I'm only in contact with 1 of those close friends regularly. I found during A Levels I didn't have much of a social life, nor do I really have one at uni. :laugh:

Is there anyone else in your year considering this partnership deal?
    A few yes

ReputationRep:
    Whether you make friends or not, you will at some point have to communicate with your classmates in your chosen subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syndron)
    Whether you make friends or not, you will at some point have to communicate with your classmates in your chosen subjects.
    than
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Studentflaw)
    A few yes
    Will it be the same subjects? If so, you might all fall in together, that happened when another school sent a few people to the school I sat my 1 A Level at. They weren't really friendly at their own school but when at a different school, they stuck together.

ReputationRep:
    Will it be the same subjects? If so, you might all fall in together, that happened when another school sent a few people to the school I sat my 1 A Level at. They weren't really friendly at their own school but when at a different school, they stuck together.
    I'm not sure , thanks for the advice though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.