Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The strangest thing happened last night Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently my sleeping pattern has been all over the place, only sleeping when I'm at my peak level of tiredness. Also, I have been consuming a **** tonne of coffee anyway to the point last night at around two I thought I'd lay on my bed for a bit before I continue doing some work. 2 Minutes later laying with my hands rested underneath my head I felt completely paralysed, and that's not some kind of exaggeration. I could physically not move at all, AT ALL! which made me panic and have an adrenaline rush which then gave me the strength to move. Fascinated by this I returned to the position I was in before to see if I could replicate what has happened and I did five times after that I can't remember what happened and woke up 4 hours later, could anyone maybe give me an explanation as to what I may have experienced?
    Bear in mind at this point I was not dreaming I only feel asleep like 20 minutes after this happened...roughly.

ReputationRep:
    That's bizarre. I've never heard anything like it. I guess it sounds sorta like sleep paralysis...are you sure you weren't at least half asleep and dreaming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    That's bizarre. I've never heard anything like it. I guess it sounds sorta like sleep paralysis...are you sure you weren't at least half asleep and dreaming?
    I'm with this dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraMayden1)
    I'm with this dude.
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost certain. I wasn't even tired when I was laying down, I only did so because I was overwhelmed by the work. I remember precisely laying down with my hands rested underneath my head with my head facing towards the wall, the lights were still on in my room and after each "episode" I guess I remember looking down at my dog who slept on a little bed beside mine. During theses "episodes" I remember feeling extremely frightened!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venatal)
    Recently my sleeping pattern has been all over the place, only sleeping when I'm at my peak level of tiredness. Also, I have been consuming a **** tonne of coffee anyway to the point last night at around two I thought I'd lay on my bed for a bit before I continue doing some work. 2 Minutes later laying with my hands rested underneath my head I felt completely paralysed, and that's not some kind of exaggeration. I could physically not move at all, AT ALL! which made me panic and have an adrenaline rush which then gave me the strength to move. Fascinated by this I returned to the position I was in before to see if I could replicate what has happened and I did five times after that I can't remember what happened and woke up 4 hours later, could anyone maybe give me an explanation as to what I may have experienced?
    Bear in mind at this point I was not dreaming I only feel asleep like 20 minutes after this happened...roughly.
    Read these:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-p...roduction.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think that's it. Reading into it I do recall experiencing most of those symptoms; that's Interesting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.