Turn on thread page Beta

Depressed and heartbroken watch

ReputationRep:
    Which website? I thought u were chatting to her on whatsapp? Girls dont take those sites seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasgre)
    I spoke to this girl online everyday for a few months, I was very attatched to her and later on at the end she got annoyed with me for some reason and now she's gone forever.

I miss her a lot and I feel empty. I always used to think of her, all I knew about her was her name and her face and that she lived in this city a few hours away from me.

Now she's left and I couldnt confess my true feelings to her. Back when we used to speak, I used to dream of her and I always looked forward to speaking to her online.

What shall I do to get over this?
    Go outside, take a walk and remember that you'll fancy other people. Telling it as it is here: She obviously didn't care that much about you otherwise she would have kept in contact, so you have nothing to miss. .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I wish you the best of luck too.......hopefully we will be able to get over it and maybe patch up or find someone more compatible with ourselves.
    The problem is, its not like I think of her all the time, its just those odd moments once in a while and it suddenly just gives me this massive feeling of depression.
    Yeah i understand you
    Losing like your best friend is difficult, like the person who you never thought in a million years would leave you just walks out of your life
    It will take some time i am sure but i suggest you probs put yourself out there but try not to be comparing the new girls personality to the previous girl

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean but why would people like to do this for? Whats the fun in playing with another persons feelings?
    It's entertainment. Drama. Something to do when she's bored. Maybe her feelings were real, maybe they weren't, but it's very likely that "she" wasn't who she said she was. All you can do is learn from this, and if you want to have a relationship with someone online, insist on properly finding out who they are. I'm really sorry this happened to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess_x)
    Go outside, take a walk and remember that you'll fancy other people. Telling it as it is here: She obviously didn't care that much about you otherwise she would have kept in contact, so you have nothing to miss. .
    We spoke for such a long time though. We knew each other for months and we used to speak daily mostly. We spoke quite a lot about what was going on around us and about us.

ReputationRep:
    We spoke for such a long time though. We knew each other for months and we used to speak daily mostly. We spoke quite a lot about what was going on around us and about us.
    Not in real life though, it was just on the internet. This isn't worth agonising over

ReputationRep:
    Not in real life though, it was just on the internet. This isn't worth agonising over
    You're both right. Ive been way too innocent and naive. Before I met her , i was very aware of how to speak and treat strangers but she made me set all of this aside.

Now ive learnt from my mistakes. I dont need any strangers. They need me. I will never trust anyone too deeply now until I know each and every bit about them and their nature.

In the future, her and my paths will most probably not cross......but if they ever by chance do.....then I shall make sure I turn myself into a succesful and desirable individual who will make her regret her decision.
    Actually, I wont even acknowledge her. Thank you everyone for your help and guidance. I hope my fate may not befall you all.

ReputationRep:
    You're both right. Ive been way too innocent and naive. Before I met her , i was very aware of how to speak and treat strangers but she made me set all of this aside.

Now ive learnt from my mistakes. I dont need any strangers. They need me. I will never trust anyone too deeply now until I know each and every bit about them and their nature.

In the future, her and my paths will most probably not cross......but if they ever by chance do.....then I shall make sure I turn myself into a succesful and desirable individual who will make her regret her decision.
    Actually, I wont even acknowledge her. Thank you everyone for your help and guidance. I hope my fate may not befall you all.
    Oh no, don't say you won't trust people. I did that. Not good. Have you thought about counselling?

I spoke to this girl online everyday for a few months, I was very attatched to her and later on at the end she got annoyed with me for some reason and now she's gone forever.

I miss her a lot and I feel empty. I always used to think of her, all I knew about her was her name and her face and that she lived in this city a few hours away from me.

Now she's left and I couldnt confess my true feelings to her. Back when we used to speak, I used to dream of her and I always looked forward to speaking to her online.

What shall I do to get over this?
    Don't worry I feel for a girl like that a about 4 weeks ago she never appreciated me and it ended in the same way as you, anyway I've met someone who actually appreciates my efforts and we get on like a house on fire, so don't worry there's someone out there that will appreciate you pal

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't worry I feel for a girl like that a about 4 weeks ago she never appreciated me and it ended in the same way as you, anyway I've met someone who actually appreciates my efforts and we get on like a house on fire, so don't worry there's someone out there that will appreciate you pal
    Fell*

ReputationRep:
    Something similar happened to me though I knew the girl in real life. In the end she used me to fill the void when she was lonely. When she finally got talking to the guy she liked I got tossed aside.

Girl's tend to do this. They can make a connection with you then throw you away just as easily. I was a lot younger and fell for any girl that gave me the time of day. Nowadays when I meet or start talking to a new girl I make sure I'm willing to toss her aside as fast as she'll do to me. You will be fine in a few days. Change that sadness into anger towards her and you'll wonder why you even liked her...

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, don't say you won't trust people. I did that. Not good. Have you thought about counselling?

Thank you for your assistance Jess but no I dont want to be counselled. I think im perfectly sane and a counsellor might just make it worse for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.