Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:p:!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Rollerskates. Preferably those ones small children have with secret wheels that pop out.
Reply 3
I don't see the secret wheel shoes working with all the up-hills!
When I visited my friend at Van-Mildert we walked back to her house (almost near the station) and it seemed to be a long scenic route but was apparently faster or better.

Should I be worried about people tailing me in Durham?
...though this makes me think of an additional option:
*Alter your route to pass a certain nice young lady(or gentlemen if you go that way) on the way to your class.
LastGrape
I don't see the secret wheel shoes working with all the up-hills!

That's the magic: you can walk up hill like normal, and then wheeeeeeeel down.
Reply 5
You are clearly bored :P
Let's have a college war.
Reply 6
elyim
Rollerskates. Preferably those ones small children have with secret wheels that pop out.

OMFG those things are the bain of my life :mad:. If people aren't allowed in a shopping centre on a skateboard or on rollerblades, why should some fatass lazy kid be allowed those trainers :mad:. I just don't get it, they're so annoying, the kids all think they're so cool on them.
Reply 7
loggins
OMFG those things are the bain of my life :mad:. If people aren't allowed in a shopping centre on a skateboard or on rollerblades, why should some fatass lazy kid be allowed those trainers :mad:. I just don't get it, they're so annoying, the kids all think they're so cool on them.

Oh I know, they're very annoying. What's worse, when they came out the first time around my mum would never let me get them. Now my youngest two sisters have them. Stupid younger siblings.

I'm thinking spacehoppers might be a good idea.
Reply 8
Good ideas everyone. This will make walking more enjoyable. I'm a very inexperienced walker.
You are all only annoyed at wheely trainers because you are jealous.

On the ideas front: in PE at school we used to have a task which was to get from one side of the hall the other as many times as we could, using a different method each time. So like running, walking, crawling, forwards rolls, cartwheels, piggyback etc. Perhaps you should employ a similar system for getting about Durham. Variation is the spice of life and all that.
Reply 10
elyim
On the ideas front: in PE at school we used to have a task which was to get from one side of the hall the other as many times as we could, using a different method each time. So like running, walking, crawling, forwards rolls, cartwheels, piggyback etc. Perhaps you should employ a similar system for getting about Durham. Variation is the spice of life and all that.

I think I'm going to use a crab-style method of walking (ie, crawling kind-of sideways).
Reply 11
walking in pigenon steps (next foot in front of the other, heel touching toes, and continue)
Reply 12
Look to Python and the Ministry of Silly Walks:

Most of these ideas seem infeasible and rather silly. For a truly efficient and practical journey to class I would recommend use of a jetpack.
Reply 14
but would that not rather contribute to global warming :tongue:
May I make a more environmentally sound suggestion? Pogo sticks.
No no, better than pogo sticks are those bouncy jumpy pogo stilt things!
Reply 16
elyim

I don't know if it was just me that read that wrong, but I could have sworn it said: trainers with little children that pop out... Mind, they would be good. Someone should invent them....(and get rid of child slavery laws :hmmmm: )
Don't you know, those trainers that light up contain small South East Asian children who get paid 2p per year to switch the lights on and off. (though they can't pop out because if they do they don't get paid which is why you never see them).
Reply 18
elyim
Don't you know, those trainers that light up contain small South East Asian children who get paid 2p per year to switch the lights on and off. (though they can't pop out because if they do they don't get paid which is why you never see them).

Ah well, one can't have everything. I shall have to abduct some kids shoes tomorrow to test your theory! 2p a year? Whats the point of child exploitation if it's not done properly. In my day, you'd've bin lucky to get a shoe! I 'ad to get up 2 hrs before I went to bed etc etc..... Ahh Monty
Reply 19
Amazingly this thread has fuelled my excitement tenfold. I guess it's the little things that count.

Latest