Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Helpp what uni course is better? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys im going to university soon i am studying applied science extended dipolma and i absoloutley hate it i am so **** at it except biology but half of the time i still dont know what the hell im doing.

I chose the course because my parents wanted me to get into midwifery or nursing as it is quiker to start working alothough i hate hospitals and i dont lile to be in one place they say nurses ect earn alot.
    but i dont think thats gonna happen anyways because my chemistry teacher says i am working at a pass im so bad a science but she does help me alot to get atleast a merit.

At the same time i love fashion and clothes ect. So i may want to go into a job as a fashion buyer, fashion marketer or PR but i dont want to end up mot getting a job or earning low money honestly i dont know what is best so i mignt want to study retail management for or fashiom
    Managment but like i said i meed advice.

ReputationRep:
    Doing something you don't like is a sure way of not doing well in it. Having said that, some people learn to enjoy doing something new that they have not considered before. There are many career choices out there, more than what your parents or even your career counsellor may be aware of. Talk to more people, especially people who are working out there. Ask friends and family for introductions so you can speak to such people, and get further references to speak to even more people. You will get a better idea with more information. And, you may find that a diploma or degree is only a door opener, a stepping stone, as lots of people go on to do something else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.