Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Election of a Speaker: Q&A Session Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Wiki was a circle jerk when it started ngl, but it's become more than that. There's plenty of useful information on there. It's perfectly fine for people to not give a toss about it, but it should also be made available for those that would be interested in viewing it or adding to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So, I just signed into the email account I get notifications about it on, almost every single notification is about one of 3 pages. But let's ignore than and press "random page" a few dozen times and look what we get: circle jerking, some more circle jerking, and a load of pages that basically tell you nothing or even less than the equivalent on site source.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So, I just signed into the email account I get notifications about it on, almost every single notification is about one of 3 pages. But let's ignore than and press "random page" a few dozen times and look what we get: circle jerking, some more circle jerking, and a load of pages that basically tell you nothing or even less than the equivalent on site source.
    Petros has been working hard to expand the wiki but it is still a work in progress. If members like you stopped being so cynical about it, it would be completed a lot quicker. :rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Can someone link me to this wiki? Reps.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Contrary to what Nigel thinks, we don't need someone special or a massive personality behind the role of Speaker. It is fundamentally an administrative role with the opportunity to make changes the speaker and the rest of the house feels necessary. The house needs a strong but stable candidate with experience but also freshness, and that is exactly what I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree with you here, although what would happen to your party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Can someone link me to this wiki? Reps.
    http://tsrmhoc.wikia.com/wiki/TSR_Mo..._Commons_Wikia
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Who is this random Reddit person helping you :holmes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Who is this random Reddit person helping you :holmes:
    One of Petros' buddies.

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on the outgoing speaker?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    As Jammy said all candidates should be able to read the thread without the need for tagging.
    To all candidates running, can you honestly answer why you actually want the speakership? Not reasons that apply to the house in general, but why you specifically want to do it?
    And to Petros, may I ask which people you have in mind for the running of liberal leader if you are in fact elected?Good luck to all candidates.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Petros has been working hard to expand the wiki but it is still a work in progress. If members like you stopped being so cynical about it, it would be completed a lot quicker. :rolleyes:
    I don't quite follow, are you saying that if we were less cynical of obviously failed vanity projects you would somehow be able to work harder to big yourself up?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    One of Petros' buddies.
    I see.

I was there for perhaps three days but then I wrote something for a manifesto which was edited (very poorly I might add) without my permission. I left instantly. :hand:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite follow, are you saying that if we were less cynical of obviously failed vanity projects you would somehow be able to work harder to big yourself up?
    It's neither failed nor is it a vanity project. What I'm saying is that the only way it will get finished quicker is if people like you help out with it instead of moaning about it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I see.

I was there for perhaps three days but then I wrote something for a manifesto which was edited (very poorly I might add) without my permission. I left instantly. :hand:
    Yeah, I'm really not a fan of reddit.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    As Jammy said all candidates should be able to read the thread without the need for tagging.
    To all candidates running, can you honestly answer why you actually want the speakership? Not reasons that apply to the house in general, but why you specifically want to do it?
    And to Petros, may I ask which people you have in mind for the running of liberal leader if you are in fact elected?Good luck to all candidates.
    The answer I should give is I want to be the Speaker that contributes something new, energetic, exciting, and entertaining to a game I care about, however, I would be lying if I said it has nothing to do with boosting my big ego which causes me to see myself as an MHoC superstar: ego is a small part of my reason for wanting to be Speaker.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm really not a fan of reddit.
    I like it in general. I also think there are a number of positive things about their MHoC, but I prefer ours. I am pretty biased though :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Pages are gradually being updated

You only get emails for the pages you've edited yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I agree with you here, although what would happen to your party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's irrelevant to this election but they'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Because I believe I am the best person for the job. As simple as that.

I think there are several people that could potentially win a leadership contest if I won the speakership, but I'm not going to say just in case I lose this election

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It's neither failed nor is it a vanity project. What I'm saying is that the only way it will get finished quicker is if people like you help out with it instead of moaning about it.
    Why would I help on something useless?

It is a vanity project, that's clear to tell from the pages which do have stuff on, mostly it's a few core members saying "look at everything I've done, I'm so great and important" while leaving other pages as about 6 words without even putting the effort in to have the basic infobox.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Why would I help on something useless?

It is a vanity project, that's clear to tell from the pages which do have stuff on, mostly it's a few core members saying "look at everything I've done, I'm so great and important" while leaving other pages as about 6 words without even putting the effort in to have the basic infobox.
    We're slowly adding info boxes to every page. It takes a lot of work to go through every persons MHoC history, especially when it's just a small handful of us (like 3 or 4 of us).

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.