Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    There are 3 of you that stand out to me as serious candidates.

Petros, please can you elaborate on how you'll keep the CC alive?

Nigel, you would make a good speaker, if you can provide neutral arguments. Can you?

Adam, I'll ask you the same as Petros
    I don't intend to keep it alive. I intend to give it a chance to justify its survival. I intend to push the CC to create new crises that are realistic. If the CC isn't up to scratch, I won't stand in the way of any attempt to remove it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Because it should be properly made available for members to use if they wish to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HAs it become password protected or something since I was last checking on how bad the circle jerking was?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't intend to keep it alive. I intend to give it a chance to justify its survival. I intend to push the CC to create new crises that are realistic. If the CC isn't up to scratch, I won't stand in the way of any attempt to remove it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair dinkum mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    There are 3 of you that stand out to me as serious candidates.

Petros, please can you elaborate on how you'll keep the CC alive?

Nigel, you would make a good speaker, if you can provide neutral arguments. Can you?

Adam, I'll ask you the same as Petros
    I am one of the most active members in the MHoC where I have cancelled real life dates to be on TSR. I like things to be orderly, organised, run smoothly, and to be done to the highest possible level. Both of those point are two neutral points that make me the right choice, and I will do all the things the other candidates make but not working to fix the Crisis Committee because I want to see the Crisis Committee closed.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I am one of the most active members in the MHoC where I have cancelled real life dates to be on TSR. I like things to be orderly, organised, run smoothly, and to be done to the highest possible level. Both of those point are two neutral points that make me the right choice, and I will do all the things the other candidates make but not working to fix the Crisis Committee because I want to see the Crisis Committee closed.
    Fair dinkum, although what happens to UKIP if you become speaker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Fair dinkum, although what happens to UKIP if you become speaker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UKIP will be under UU's capable leadership which is what is happening to UKIP at the moment.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    HAs it become password protected or something since I was last checking on how bad the circle jerking was?
    Of course not, but some people just aren't aware of things or would like to get involved in things but don't know how. I want everything, even if it's non-essential stuff, to be made available to anyone that wants to take part.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    UKIP will be under UU's capable leadership which is what is happening to UKIP at the moment.
    Had my hopes up for a minute:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, but some people just aren't aware of things or would like to get involved in things but don't know how. I want everything, even if it's non-essential stuff, to be made available to anyone that wants to take part.
    It's also something nobody but the circle jerkers want to do, and is truly awful (because of the circle jerking), it is very much worse than the on site info
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    hazzer1998 I protest at the misuse of the word 'logical' and whilst I don't think there should ever be any emphasis on a well designed manifesto (the Speaker should not be whoever is most proficient at photoshop) but it is a real shame that you don't seem to have put any thought into writing properly. However of the ideas presented, yours are the ones I think are the best - making a new thread for announcements sounds worse than having the announcement system we currently have though.

adam9317 Compelling manifesto.

PetrosAC Because of what you said about the wikia, it will be very difficult to vote for you even though I want to. I'm looking for a continuity candidate - why must you always focus on vanity projects. Though voting for you is probably the only way another Liberal will get the chance to lead your party I can't say I'm optimistic for the party's future without you.

Aph Have successive defeats broken your spirit entirely?

DanE1998 Good manifesto, just about enough effort put in to offset concerns about activity - and as I trust Toronto very much, I'm not too concerned about that anyway.

Nigel Farage MEP Might actually end up voting for you for once seeing as I've recently agreed with you on most matters concerning the running of this House. It would mean the end of UKIP, which is always a plus.

cBay :rofl:

I know you all so I haven't bothered to ask non-rhetorical questions, bonus-points to whoever's bothered to take the initiative and answer the questions that I might want answered without knowing it. I hope to be convinced.
    I belive that the mhoc needs a visionary
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's also something nobody but the circle jerkers want to do, and is truly awful (because of the circle jerking), it is very much worse than the on site info
    Wait - what are you referring to? The wiki or the chat?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As for jammys request...
    Nige: partisan
    Clay: joke
    Hazzar: joke
    Petros: naff
    Adam: egotistical?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    As a question to the other candidates, when the election comes with the two candidates in, assuming you are not included in that election, which candidate would you vote for?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    As a question to the other candidates, when the election comes with the two candidates in, assuming you are not included in that election, which candidate would you vote for?
    You're going to have to answer that question too

I'm not entirely sure yet. Adam or perhaps you, though Adam's more likely (soz bro)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You're going to have to answer that question too

I'm not entirely sure yet. Adam or perhaps you, though Adam's more likely (soz bro)
    I would have to go for Adam because loyalty lives on, and I would be terrified of who would take over as Liberal leader.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    CBae if he makes it if not then Adam.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I would have to go for Adam because loyalty lives on, and I would be terrified of who would take over as Liberal leader.
    Even though he wasn't loyal to you or your party?

I joke of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't want a speaker who engages in vanity projects while neglecting their job description. I want a speaker who will just do their job. Which of you can best do that and why?

(Nige, I don't want to hear about how you don't have a life, because that just makes me think that you want the job simply to have your "fix". I want something proper.)

Bear in mind though, that I don't have a vote, but potential voters will be reading your answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I don't want a speaker who engages in vanity projects while neglecting their job description. I want a speaker who will just do their job. Which of you can best do that and why?

(Nige, I don't want to hear about how you don't have a life, because that just makes me think that you want the job simply to have your "fix". I want something proper.)

Bear in mind though, that I don't have a vote, but potential voters will be reading your answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get things done: I do not forget to hand in manifestos, I write manifestos quickly, my manifesto was likley the first manifesto submitted, I wrote 11 bills in one term, and I read every post on here. If you want a Speaker who gets things done in a timely manner you cannot go wrong electing me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I get things done: I do not forget to hand in manifestos, I write manifestos quickly, my manifesto was likley the first manifesto submitted, I wrote 11 bills in one term, and I read every post on here. If you want a Speaker who gets things done in a timely manner you cannot go wrong electing me.
    This is the thing though, as speaker you're no longer in the limelight, which makes me worry. I don't think you really want to be speaker, I think you want to be the centre of attention.

The speaker is supposed to be an admin, an admin who essentially just updates the house. With your lust for the spotlight I'm going to need more convincing g that you're up to the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.