Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson Bi-Sexual? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ho boy,

I remember my GCSE History teacher bringing this up and the entire class went into anarchy.

For those that don't know, while he was dying he said "Kiss me, Hardy" and Hardy kissed his cheek.

I don't really understand why people think this automatically means he meant it sexually, he was dying and probably needed comforting. And back then I'm sure it wasn't seen as it is today.

If I got shot through the spine I think I'd want some comforting too
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sure, why not.

Next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    Yeah, sure, why not.

Next.
    ?

ReputationRep:
    Kissing isn't always sexual , look and Jesus & judas lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Ho boy,

I remember my GCSE History teacher bringing this up and the entire class went into anarchy.

For those that don't know, while he was dying he said "Kiss me, Hardy" and Hardy kissed his cheek.

I don't really understand why people think this automatically means he meant it sexually, he was dying and probably needed comforting. And back then I'm sure it wasn't seen as it is today.

If I got shot through the spine I think I'd want some comforting too
    King James I sent letters to his adviser Duke of Buckingham I telling him that he missed him beside him in bed. Charles II was bi and known for it. So it's possible that a well-ranked man was gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    Yeah, sure, why not.

Next.
    What a boring person you are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    Yeah and let's not go into the things the Romans did to give their soldiers "motivation"

(Original post by oShahpo)
    King James I sent letters to his adviser Duke of Buckingham I telling him that he missed him beside him in bed. Charles II was bi and known for it. So it's possible that a well-ranked man was gay.
    Oh wow is that true?

ReputationRep:
    What a boring person you are!
    Yeah I don't know why they responded like that :s

ReputationRep:
    nah he was just bi-curious

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and let's not go into the things the Romans did to give their soldiers "motivation"

Oh wow is that true?
    "My only sweet and dear child,
    Thy dear dad sends thee his blessing this morning and also to his daughter. The Lord of Heaven send you a sweet and blithe wakening, all kind of comfort in your sanctified bed, and bless the fruits thereof that I may have sweet bedchamber boys to play me with, and this is my daily prayer, sweet heart. When thou risest, keep thee from importunity of people that may trouble thy mind, that at meeting I may see thy white teeth shine upon me, and so bear me comfortable company in my journey. And so God bless thee, hoping thou will not forget to read over again my former letter.
    James R."
    James Rex to George Villiers

He also called him "my sweet child and wife," in another letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    #deathbedthoughts

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes. And for those many people on this sub-forum that like Horrible Histories, here's a song about Admiral Nelson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Hhahaahahaha /thread

ReputationRep:
    "My only sweet and dear child,
    Thy dear dad sends thee his blessing this morning and also to his daughter. The Lord of Heaven send you a sweet and blithe wakening, all kind of comfort in your sanctified bed, and bless the fruits thereof that I may have sweet bedchamber boys to play me with, and this is my daily prayer, sweet heart. When thou risest, keep thee from importunity of people that may trouble thy mind, that at meeting I may see thy white teeth shine upon me, and so bear me comfortable company in my journey. And so God bless thee, hoping thou will not forget to read over again my former letter.
    James R."
    James Rex to George Villiers

He also called him "my sweet child and wife," in another letter.
    Wow that's actually very interesting, the stuff they don't teach you in GCSE / A Level History

(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    #deathbedthoughts
    #Shotinthespinebutstillbrave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    The Bible frequently refers to the disciple whom Jesus loved yet it's never explained why he loved him? Suspicious? And just because kissing isn't always sexual equally it might well have been so.If your last thought when you are dying is to have someone kiss you then it suggests that person is pretty special.There is no reason why he could not have been bisexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    The Bible frequently refers to the disciple whom Jesus loved yet it's never explained why he loved him? Suspicious? And just because kissing isn't always sexual equally it might well have been so.If your last thought when you are dying is to have someone kiss you then it suggests that person is pretty special.There is no reason why he could not have been bisexual.
    Oh boy if some religious people saw you write that they'd have you head XD

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy if some religious people saw you write that they'd have you head XD
    Only if you switch the name Jesus with Mohhamed.Then they quite literally would.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    Only if you switch the name Jesus with Mohhamed.Then they quite literally would.lol
    Hahahaahahahahahahahah

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.