The Student Room Group

Depressed! She likes my friend

There is a girl I really like at uni. First girl since a I broke up a my gf of 4 years. But I feel she likes my close friend.

Why do I think this?

Today for example, my friend was stood outside his house waiting for me, while I was driving past I saw the girl walk up to him and talk. Body and feet facing him. She stopped to talk to him, it was brief. However she seemed so happy after. (She could of been happy before)

I park my car next to hers. I walk down and see her. She says hello, but doesn't stop to talk to me, she just slows down. The only thing she says to me...

"(Insert my friends name) is stood like a prostitute" I try and change the topic. And quickly say "try not to hit my car". She says "why would I do that?"

I catch up to my friend and ask what else she said to him. He said she said, that he has nice trainers but hers are better and she made a joke how he looks like a male prostitue stood around.

So she is always teasing him and joking with him. Is this a sign she likes him? She tends to to it a lot to him. Always says something mean or funny about him.

Another example, in our collage group chat. Two other girls. We were talking about cute actors. She says something and my friend says "you are cute" she replied "aww thanks you are making me emotional" she put a kiss in the end.

I've never seen her complement him or anything. And she has never texted him.

I mean the only thing going my way is that she liked two of my pictures and she hasn't liked any of my friends
Original post by Anonymous
There is a girl I really like at uni. First girl since a I broke up a my gf of 4 years. But I feel she likes my close friend.

Why do I think this?

Today for example, my friend was stood outside his house waiting for me, while I was driving past I saw the girl walk up to him and talk. Body and feet facing him. She stopped to talk to him, it was brief. However she seemed so happy after. (She could of been happy before)

I park my car next to hers. I walk down and see her. She says hello, but doesn't stop to talk to me, she just slows down. The only thing she says to me...

"(Insert my friends name) is stood like a prostitute" I try and change the topic. And quickly say "try not to hit my car". She says "why would I do that?"

I catch up to my friend and ask what else she said to him. He said she said, that he has nice trainers but hers are better and she made a joke how he looks like a male prostitue stood around.

So she is always teasing him and joking with him. Is this a sign she likes him? She tends to to it a lot to him. Always says something mean or funny about him.

Another example, in our collage group chat. Two other girls. We were talking about cute actors. She says something and my friend says "you are cute" she replied "aww thanks you are making me emotional" she put a kiss in the end.

I've never seen her complement him or anything. And she has never texted him.

I mean the only thing going my way is that she liked two of my pictures and she hasn't liked any of my friends

If you think that she isn't into you then maybe just for now you should let her be. Don't let a girl get to your head. Just do what you have to do and try not to pay attention to her. If she actually genuinely likes you then she'll come to you. But if she likes your friend then I guess just let her be. You can't exactly make her like you, do you get my point? And don't worry, don't focus too much on one girl and let her do your head in. You've got a lot ahead of you so focus on that and the right girl will enter your life someday. You don't have to do much, just be yourself and don't change yourself just so this girl could like you.. trust me that's the last thing you'd want to do. You said that she's more of a close friend, just remain friends with her. And honestly the last thing you'd want is to lose her as a friend if she doesn't replicate the same feelings as you. And you know how you said that she might like your friend? Did you ever think about it this way that your friend might actually like her too? All I'm saying is that this might just be infatuation and obviously your first after your break up.. it's okay to have infatuations and it's going to happen at certain points but they won't exactly go to the serious point unless the feelings are replicated between the two people. For now just chill and let everything fall into place. Don't stress over a girl, you know not to let one girl do your head in.. it's not worth it... hope this helped you in someway

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Halzy1234
If you think that she isn't into you then maybe just for now you should let her be. Don't let a girl get to your head. Just do what you have to do and try not to pay attention to her. If she actually genuinely likes you then she'll come to you. But if she likes your friend then I guess just let her be. You can't exactly make her like you, do you get my point? And don't worry, don't focus too much on one girl and let her do your head in. You've got a lot ahead of you so focus on that and the right girl will enter your life someday. You don't have to do much, just be yourself and don't change yourself just so this girl could like you.. trust me that's the last thing you'd want to do. You said that she's more of a close friend, just remain friends with her. And honestly the last thing you'd want is to lose her as a friend if she doesn't replicate the same feelings as you. And you know how you said that she might like your friend? Did you ever think about it this way that your friend might actually like her too? All I'm saying is that this might just be infatuation and obviously your first after your break up.. it's okay to have infatuations and it's going to happen at certain points but they won't exactly go to the serious point unless the feelings are replicated between the two people. For now just chill and let everything fall into place. Don't stress over a girl, you know not to let one girl do your head in.. it's not worth it... hope this helped you in someway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do agree I am too hooked.

I'm not sure if my friend likes her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending