Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm not doing too well in my GCSE's right now... I really want to do well and I feel somewhat ambitious. I used to be really good but after a year of literally almost no maths because our year 10 class was ruined because our teacher could not control the trouble making students.After that 1 year i have declined so badly that i almost feel like i cannot compete to some good year 7's in maths. My grade drops in maths has caused me to really become quite almost upsetting because i know that this will bode very badly for me if it doesn't get better.

Being completely honest I've resulted to spending most of my time playing games because that is the only thing I really feel like i can enjoy ever.

I know for a fact my gaming stunts my learning but even when im actually motivated to do the revising to catch up to get a great grade i dont know where to start and here is my main question.

I must find some way to revise i know maths is my weakest but when i go to revise it i cant do anything, I open a maths book and begin from the first page or even try to find questions I cant do then i see the question i do a few then i find a question i cant do and after many attempts I honestly feel disheartened and then feel like i might as well go back to playing games because i dont feel like i m achieving anything.

So how can I start up with this revision as I am so concerned for my future and I really want to do well for my GCSE's so i can feel better when entering a college or Sixth Form.

What im looking for is any tips or methods or where and how to start with revision on any subject but mainly maths.

Thank you for any help in advance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.