Turn on thread page Beta

Degree Classification watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I figured out that my degree percentage was 68.4% giving my a 2.1.
    How far away was i from getting a 1st?
    Is there any possible way of getting it improved as the bursaries for a 1st are a lot better than for a 2.1 when going into further education
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    1.6% which could mean anything in terms of marks across multiple modules (taking into consideration they may have different weighting)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It depends on your university's specific policies, but typically 1.6%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    1.6% which could mean anything in terms of marks across multiple modules (taking into consideration they may have different weighting)
    hey thanks, would it be worth attempting a remark of the degree or is 1.6% too much for it to be even possible for the grade to be changed?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by goodchild.sean)
    hey thanks, would it be worth attempting a remark of the degree or is 1.6% too much for it to be even possible for the grade to be changed?
    As I said, 1.6% could mean anything in terms of marks, it doesn't translate to anything because your final % is a calculation across all 3 years (or 2 in some cases) of your degree. From my own degree, 1.6% is quite a handful of marks anyway and you need to find out from your course officer if it's possible to get a remark.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted the better bursary then you should have put the work in for a first when you realised you were on track for a 2:1, not try to get remarked because you're not happy with getting a lower bursary. 68.4% is great, but it's not close enough to a first to get remarked unless you have reason to believe you have been significantly under-marked.

ReputationRep:
    it's very unlikely you'll find 1.6% from remarks. It may not sound like a lot but across a whole degree, you'd need most of your marks to be wrong to gain all that back.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.