Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I figured out that my degree percentage was 68.4% giving my a 2.1.
    How far away was i from getting a 1st?
    Is there any possible way of getting it improved as the bursaries for a 1st are a lot better than for a 2.1 when going into further education
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    1.6% which could mean anything in terms of marks across multiple modules (taking into consideration they may have different weighting)
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your university's specific policies, but typically 1.6%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    1.6% which could mean anything in terms of marks across multiple modules (taking into consideration they may have different weighting)
    hey thanks, would it be worth attempting a remark of the degree or is 1.6% too much for it to be even possible for the grade to be changed?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodchild.sean)
    hey thanks, would it be worth attempting a remark of the degree or is 1.6% too much for it to be even possible for the grade to be changed?
    As I said, 1.6% could mean anything in terms of marks, it doesn't translate to anything because your final % is a calculation across all 3 years (or 2 in some cases) of your degree. From my own degree, 1.6% is quite a handful of marks anyway and you need to find out from your course officer if it's possible to get a remark.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted the better bursary then you should have put the work in for a first when you realised you were on track for a 2:1, not try to get remarked because you're not happy with getting a lower bursary. 68.4% is great, but it's not close enough to a first to get remarked unless you have reason to believe you have been significantly under-marked.

ReputationRep:
    it's very unlikely you'll find 1.6% from remarks. It may not sound like a lot but across a whole degree, you'd need most of your marks to be wrong to gain all that back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.