Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Waiting on Interview Responses - Adult Nursing 2017 entry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!

I am hoping to study Adult Nursing at university for the entry coming up this year. I wanted to know what universities you have applied for and which ones you are waiting a reply on. They are taking so long panic mode!! anyone in the same position??
    I applied to UoB, BCU, Coventry, DMU and Uni of Nottingham. Currently waiting on 2 replies - UoB (BIRMINGHAM) and and Uni of Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by online-t)
    Hi Guys!

I am hoping to study Adult Nursing at university for the entry coming up this year. I wanted to know what universities you have applied for and which ones you are waiting a reply on. They are taking so long panic mode!! anyone in the same position??
    I applied to UoB, BCU, Coventry, DMU and Uni of Nottingham. Currently waiting on 2 replies - UoB (BIRMINGHAM) and and Uni of Nottingham.
    Hi!
    I applied for Adult Nursing at Uni of South Wales, I applied in September and got an invitation for an interview in November for December 2016, they called me a few hours after the interview and offered me a place for march 2017 (I already had all the grades), Good luck! I'm sure you will hear back asap! Some unis just take longer than others :/ you can always call the enquires and admission team if you are feeling very concerned though

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! If the course begins in March, when does it finish?
    Thank you! I think I may do that actually but I'm scared what if they say that the reason they are taking long is I am to be rejected ??😭😭 X

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! If the course begins in March, when does it finish?
    Thank you! I think I may do that actually but I'm scared what if they say that the reason they are taking long is I am to be rejected ??😭😭 X
    Thank you it will begin march 2017 and end December 2020, I honestly don't think they will say that, some unis wait until feb to start interviewing once the UCAS deadline is out of the way give them a call it won't hurt it will show you are enthusiastic to start x

ReputationRep:
    Hey,i applied for BCU, Coventry,Wolverhampton and stafford. my application was sent in in the 6th of december and had interviews set for all before Christmas. One of my interview invites through email actually went through to my spam emails on Hotmail so make sure you keep checking there too. Heard back from Wolverhampton the day after the interview, same with a friend of mine. BCU my friend had an interview on a friday and heard back on the monday. I had my interview friday just passed. Hoping to hear back soon.
    Everyone that i knew that had had an interview for BCU said it was bad but as long as you prepare for the tests and for the group chat they are actually really nice.
    All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayyz91)
    Hey,i applied for BCU, Coventry,Wolverhampton and stafford. my application was sent in in the 6th of december and had interviews set for all before Christmas. One of my interview invites through email actually went through to my spam emails on Hotmail so make sure you keep checking there too. Heard back from Wolverhampton the day after the interview, same with a friend of mine. BCU my friend had an interview on a friday and heard back on the monday. I had my interview friday just passed. Hoping to hear back soon.
    Everyone that i knew that had had an interview for BCU said it was bad but as long as you prepare for the tests and for the group chat they are actually really nice.
    All the best
    How did you prepare for your interview? Like what sort of things did you research and made sure that you knew about before going? I am currtenly panicking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee99)
    How did you prepare for your interview? Like what sort of things did you research and made sure that you knew about before going? I am currtenly panicking
    I had my BCU and Wolves interviews first and as there were my top 2 and i got conditionals for both i decided to cancel the rest. I didn't want to waste spaces for people who could use them.
    BCU emailed me a topic to research before hand which we discussed in the interview. Just make sure you do there mock tests online first and you should be okay
    Wolves was a really nice 10 minutes. Just a chat. \They basically want to get a feel for the type of person you are and if you have ever had a HCA interview, those are the kind of questions they ask.

I'm sure you have been told this before but make sure you read p on the institutions and go in with a few questions ready to ask at the end.

ReputationRep:
    I had my BCU and Wolves interviews first and as there were my top 2 and i got conditionals for both i decided to cancel the rest. I didn't want to waste spaces for people who could use them.
    BCU emailed me a topic to research before hand which we discussed in the interview. Just make sure you do there mock tests online first and you should be okay
    Wolves was a really nice 10 minutes. Just a chat. \They basically want to get a feel for the type of person you are and if you have ever had a HCA interview, those are the kind of questions they ask.

I'm sure you have been told this before but make sure you read p on the institutions and go in with a few questions ready to ask at the end.
    Congrats on the offers!! Well done! What was your topic for BCU? I have been given alcohol/drug abuse. Do we have to have a really indepth knowledge of this topic or is it okay to know the basics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee99)
    Congrats on the offers!! Well done! What was your topic for BCU? I have been given alcohol/drug abuse. Do we have to have a really indepth knowledge of this topic or is it okay to know the basics?
    My topic was also alcohol/drug abuse in the community and ended up talking about drugs. Its alcohol or drugs so prove you know a bit about both.

Its a 10 minute group chat so just make sure you have some facts on the subject so that you can put that across. Its not anything too scary. I think they were also seeing how we communicate and out listening skills too tbh so don't dominate the discussion too much and listen/respond to what other people are saying.

Honestly the hardest bit was the maths and English tests ad they were GCSE level, just revise a bit before hand and you will be fine

When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    My topic was also alcohol/drug abuse in the community and ended up talking about drugs. Its alcohol or drugs so prove you know a bit about both.

Its a 10 minute group chat so just make sure you have some facts on the subject so that you can put that across. Its not anything too scary. I think they were also seeing how we communicate and out listening skills too tbh so don't dominate the discussion too much and listen/respond to what other people are saying.

Honestly the hardest bit was the maths and English tests ad they were GCSE level, just revise a bit before hand and you will be fine

When is your interview?
    I booked mine the furthest data possible in March, I wanted alot of time before that as I also have lots of college work and gives me more time to prepare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee99)
    I booked mine the furthest data possible in March, I wanted alot of time before that as I also have lots of college work and gives me more time to prepare
    See i did the exact opposite, as early as possible so it was over and done. Less time to worry

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, Has anyone on here been asked to provide additional information in support of their application, for example, copies of certificates/ another academic reference? and if so how long should the universities take to let you know the decision? I applied end of Nov 16 and still waiting Should I be worried or do I wait it out? I've heard others have interviews coming up for the same course and university choice, what should I do? Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hi all, Has anyone on here been asked to provide additional information in support of their application, for example, copies of certificates/ another academic reference? and if so how long should the universities take to let you know the decision? I applied end of Nov 16 and still waiting Should I be worried or do I wait it out? I've heard others have interviews coming up for the same course and university choice, what should I do? Please help
    Hi! USW took about 2 months to get back to me! what unis have you applied for? some unis do take longer than others to reply and most interview up until march If you are really concerned you can always give the admission team a call and ask when you can expect to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BA1995)
    Hi! USW took about 2 months to get back to me! what unis have you applied for? some unis do take longer than others to reply and most interview up until march If you are really concerned you can always give the admission team a call and ask when you can expect to hear
    Hi BA1995, thanks for replying i found i wasn't getting any responses so i started posting in every forum i could find, I applied to London South Bank, University of Essex, Anglia Ruskin (Unsuccessful) and Bedfordshire (Offer with conditions) I am waiting to hear from both Essex and LSBU. Essex asked for scanned certificates and a 2nd academic reference all have been provided but still waiting. I call like every week to be told my application is still with the department i am thinking of calling again but don't want to seem annoying as such. What do you think? Whereas my friends have interview offers already. Should i be worried?

ReputationRep:
    Hi BA1995, thanks for replying i found i wasn't getting any responses so i started posting in every forum i could find, I applied to London South Bank, University of Essex, Anglia Ruskin (Unsuccessful) and Bedfordshire (Offer with conditions) I am waiting to hear from both Essex and LSBU. Essex asked for scanned certificates and a 2nd academic reference all have been provided but still waiting. I call like every week to be told my application is still with the department i am thinking of calling again but don't want to seem annoying as such. What do you think? Whereas my friends have interview offers already. Should i be worried?
    Thats okay maybe leave it a week and a half and then call and explain your situation, and ask could they possibly give you any further updates, I wouldn't be worried every application is different and as hard as it is you just need to be patient, i'm sure it will work out in the end good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BA1995)
    Thats okay maybe leave it a week and a half and then call and explain your situation, and ask could they possibly give you any further updates, I wouldn't be worried every application is different and as hard as it is you just need to be patient, i'm sure it will work out in the end good luck!!
    Thanks and good luck to you too x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!

Hi! Hopefully you have heard back since this post was a while ago! I've got an offer for bcu, Coventry, Wolverhampton and Worcester. Have you got any places yet? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I am still waiting to hear from London South Bank University after attending interview and the University of Essex after applying

ReputationRep:
    BA1995 I have now heard back and was unsuccessful with the University of Essex Thanks again for your reply and support Also have an unconditional at my first choice yay LSBU here I come!

ReputationRep:
    BA1995 I have now heard back and was unsuccessful with the University of Essex Thanks again for your reply and support Also have an unconditional at my first choice yay LSBU here I come!
    Awh that is a shame about Essex but well done on your unconditional thats great! thats no problem at all i'm glad I could help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.