Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Waiting on Interview Responses - Adult Nursing 2017 entry Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BA1995)
    Awh that is a shame about Essex but well done on your unconditional thats great! thats no problem at all i'm glad I could help!

BA1995 Good luck on your journey Many thanks again! Keep us updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    BA1995 Good luck on your journey Many thanks again! Keep us updated
    Good luck to you aswell will do! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi BA1995, thanks for replying i found i wasn't getting any responses so i started posting in every forum i could find, I applied to London South Bank, University of Essex, Anglia Ruskin (Unsuccessful) and Bedfordshire (Offer with conditions) I am waiting to hear from both Essex and LSBU. Essex asked for scanned certificates and a 2nd academic reference all have been provided but still waiting. I call like every week to be told my application is still with the department i am thinking of calling again but don't want to seem annoying as such. What do you think? Whereas my friends have interview offers already. Should i be worried?
    What questions came up on the numeracy and literacy test for University of Bedfordshire? Was it hard or easy? What topics came up on the numeracy test like percentages..? What questions were you asked on the interview and how many people interviewed you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanuma)
    What questions came up on the numeracy and literacy test for University of Bedfordshire? Was it hard or easy? What topics came up on the numeracy test like percentages..? What questions were you asked on the interview and how many people interviewed you?
    Hi Sanuma, I can't be too specific with what comes up in the literacy and numeracy tests or the interview but I can advise on what to revise on...At the University of Bedfordshire, they have selection days with loads to get through in the day...For the literacy its really just testing your ability to read and answer questions and write at GCSE level, essay writing (Intro, Main Body, and Conclusion) After all we will be required to write at Degree level when we start for our essays and so on, so being able to write and put your thoughts together is very important. For numeracy, you can start your revision either on BBC Bitesize, YouTube also try practicing other past papers from different universities since Bedfordshire don't have any past papers to try. Don't forget to revise your basic application of number (addition, multiplication, subtraction and division), learn how to work out basic drug calc, such as tablets and so on. Revise, your percentages, ratio, time speed distance, it's hard to remember what came up, had a lot of issues with this university, and my tests and interview were Dec 16...The questions wasn't hard, they were a little tricky but it was ok, you get 20 mins for each so work quickly and accurately ok...Good Luck, let me know how it goes

For the interview, it's pretty simple, it's a couple of questions to find out about your suitability for the program and to find out more about you and your experiences. Its basics question such as the obvious, why do you want to do this course, what are your skills, qualities, aspirations, why this university. I would also advise you to research recent news around nursing and healthcare, it's good to know in case they ask, you can talk about it and give your views and so on.

Also to get through to interview stage you need to pass both the literacy and numeracy tests, if you fail you will be sent home and you won't continue with the day, and your application will be made unsuccessful, then again even though your not suitable for nursing they can sometimes offer an alternative course if there interested in you. There is also a group interview, so make sure you get your point across and speak up.

***I wasn't suitable for nursing I didn't have the grades apparently and they offered me: Health and Social Care Foundation Year, I turned this down, who's paying for a 4-year course they don't want to do? I applied for Adult Nursing, and I will pursue my degree. As you know nursing courses are no longer funded by the government after August 2017, I can't afford to rack up more debt through Student Finance***

I now have an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing elsewhere and I have firmly accepted and applied for student finance, I am due to start in Sept 2017

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sanuma, I can't be too specific with what comes up in the literacy and numeracy tests or the interview but I can advise on what to revise on...At the University of Bedfordshire, they have selection days with loads to get through in the day...For the literacy its really just testing your ability to read and answer questions and write at GCSE level, essay writing (Intro, Main Body, and Conclusion) After all we will be required to write at Degree level when we start for our essays and so on, so being able to write and put your thoughts together is very important. For numeracy, you can start your revision either on BBC Bitesize, YouTube also try practicing other past papers from different universities since Bedfordshire don't have any past papers to try. Don't forget to revise your basic application of number (addition, multiplication, subtraction and division), learn how to work out basic drug calc, such as tablets and so on. Revise, your percentages, ratio, time speed distance, it's hard to remember what came up, had a lot of issues with this university, and my tests and interview were Dec 16...The questions wasn't hard, they were a little tricky but it was ok, you get 20 mins for each so work quickly and accurately ok...Good Luck, let me know how it goes

For the interview, it's pretty simple, it's a couple of questions to find out about your suitability for the program and to find out more about you and your experiences. Its basics question such as the obvious, why do you want to do this course, what are your skills, qualities, aspirations, why this university. I would also advise you to research recent news around nursing and healthcare, it's good to know in case they ask, you can talk about it and give your views and so on.

Also to get through to interview stage you need to pass both the literacy and numeracy tests, if you fail you will be sent home and you won't continue with the day, and your application will be made unsuccessful, then again even though your not suitable for nursing they can sometimes offer an alternative course if there interested in you. There is also a group interview, so make sure you get your point across and speak up.

***I wasn't suitable for nursing I didn't have the grades apparently and they offered me: Health and Social Care Foundation Year, I turned this down, who's paying for a 4-year course they don't want to do? I applied for Adult Nursing, and I will pursue my degree. As you know nursing courses are no longer funded by the government after August 2017, I can't afford to rack up more debt through Student Finance***

I now have an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing elsewhere and I have firmly accepted and applied for student finance, I am due to start in Sept 2017
    Thank you for replying and congratulations on getting the unconditional offer.
    How many questions were there for the numeracy test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanuma)
    Thank you for replying and congratulations on getting the unconditional offer.
    How many questions were there for the numeracy test?
    Hi, Sanuma About 10 I think for numeracy honey and thank you, I hope it helped The tests are not bad at all, you just need to work quickly and accurately.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.