Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today i recieved a substituted on a salmon which i don't like. So i ring the customer service and managed to refund it , they said they will processed through the system by tonight so i will get my money back and also they said just give the item back on your next delivery.

Now the real problem is that the salmon expire in like 2 days and i am obivously not going to make a delivery in next 2 days , probably in 2 weeks. So why would they want a expired salmon? I'm very disapointed with Asda since they have few missing items and always substiute few of my items as well - i can never get a perfect delivery. So my plan is to switch to Tesco and i will happily to order from tesco from now on.

So if i don't order Asda again , then there is no way to return back the salmon. I planning to delete the account and eat the salmon while it's not out of date. Since i already got my money refunded , so there no point being with asda anymore .

Now i want to know if i will get pursuit by Asda or they might even give a additional charge if i don't give back the salmon? But i can't find any thing saying that on the policy so i probably fine and i doubt the driver would want to get my expired salmon back lol . It's probably already confrimed on the system since the money is back on my bank so there is really no point in giving a expired salmon back right?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray2310)
    Today i recieved a substituted on a salmon which i don't like. So i ring the customer service and managed to refund it , they said they will processed through the system by tonight so i will get my money back and also they said just give the item back on your next delivery.

Now the real problem is that the salmon expire in like 2 days and i am obivously not going to make a delivery in next 2 days , probably in 2 weeks. So why would they want a expired salmon? I'm very disapointed with Asda since they have few missing items and always substiute few of my items as well - i can never get a perfect delivery. So my plan is to switch to Tesco and i will happily to order from tesco from now on.

So if i don't order Asda again , then there is no way to return back the salmon. I planning to delete the account and eat the salmon while it's not out of date. Since i already got my money refunded , so there no point being with asda anymore .

Now i want to know if i will get pursuit by Asda or they might even give a additional charge if i don't give back the salmon? But i can't find any thing saying that on the policy so i probably fine and i doubt the driver would want to get my expired salmon back lol . It's probably already confrimed on the system since the money is back on my bank so there is really no point in giving a expired salmon back right?
    Any time i ve been offered a refund they've not asked for the item back so i dont think you'll have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Any time i ve been offered a refund they've not asked for the item back so i dont think you'll have a problem.
    Yeah that is what i thinking at first since it's just only £5. But since it's my first time happening , i am not fairly sure if they might think i lieing so i'd say give it back as a evidence . But do you know what is the worst case scenario if i don't give the item back on the next delivery? or nothing will happen?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray2310)
    Yeah that is what i thinking at first since it's just only £5. But since it's my first time happening , i am not fairly sure if they might think i lieing so i'd say give it back as a evidence . But do you know what is the worst case scenario if i don't give the item back on the next delivery? or nothing will happen?
    Asda is such a massive company I doubt anything like happen

ReputationRep:
    Nah that's just something they say to try and put people off asking for refunds for things they're gonna keep. They don't actually care. I've done that and not returned the item. Dominoes do it too if there's a problem with your pizza but you can usually just keep it and nothing happens. As you said - they're not going to resell it so it doesn't matter to them, it's not worth the time to chase up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.