Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why did he lead me on and stop talking to me? failing A levels Watch

I messaged a guy over sc and added him a few months back, through friends and stuff. I started talking to him and just started my A levels, so I thought someone who's older or so could help me and stuff. But I got attached to him and really like him and I told him that. But He always replies after midnight or if he's out with friends won't even reply till like the next day. And he wanted the convo 2 be sexual and that's when I'd have his full attention. I didn't even bother saying hi some time ago as he took out some random girl twice.

The fact that he told me he really liked me and then went out with someone else completely upset me. I'm absolutely shattered and broken because he basically did lead me on, right? He made me feel imp. I don't know how to get over this. I'm failing my A levels as I type - I got a U in my maths mock, and yet I'm aiming for AAA all my subjects.

How can I get my head down and stop thinking of him? It's affecting me so badly and making me feel like i'm not gd enough. my first exam's in may and I don't know where to start. I still have him on sc and I did delete him but added him back. Can sum1 pls help??

This is basically how I've lived my life for the past 3 years and I'm not going to lie to you, it might not get better. If I were you I'd either be straight with him, get angry and tell him what you think or just forget him. It's very likely that you're a wonderful person and he doesn't deserve you anyway and you're grades are much more important than this boy, even if he is amazing. (Also sorry if this wasn't at all helpful)

ReputationRep:
    Hey Hun,

I've read your message not once and twice and from that, I understood that you should have backed away from him when he was showing his ego towards you. I understand your point of view that you like him and stuff but to fully understand a boy/man you need to talk to him from scratch, he should be different and friendly. A guy speaking to you only for sexual purposes shows that he is not the one and from there you should have backed off because no guy at the start would sext.
    and the 2nd lesson was when he took a random girl out twice
    that shows that he is not interested and he's a **** boy.

Girl you have a lot to prove out there it is a really competitive out there and trust me there are plenty more fishes in the sea let the right one come to you and for now focus on your studies!!! and do what you want to do only YOU are ENTITLED to do whatever you want.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I messaged a guy over sc and added him a few months back, through friends and stuff. I started talking to him and just started my A levels, so I thought someone who's older or so could help me and stuff. But I got attached to him and really like him and I told him that. But He always replies after midnight or if he's out with friends won't even reply till like the next day. And he wanted the convo 2 be sexual and that's when I'd have his full attention. I didn't even bother saying hi some time ago as he took out some random girl twice.

The fact that he told me he really liked me and then went out with someone else completely upset me. I'm absolutely shattered and broken because he basically did lead me on, right? He made me feel imp. I don't know how to get over this. I'm failing my A levels as I type - I got a U in my maths mock, and yet I'm aiming for AAA all my subjects.

How can I get my head down and stop thinking of him? It's affecting me so badly and making me feel like i'm not gd enough. my first exam's in may and I don't know where to start. I still have him on sc and I did delete him but added him back. Can sum1 pls help??

ReputationRep:

If you really care about your education then you wouldnt be chasing after boys. I still cant remember a girl who was serious about education and ended up in a good uni who chased after and got with boys.

Theres two types of girls, sluts and goalchasers. You choose who you want to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatswrong.)
    If you really care about your education then you wouldnt be chasing after boys. I still cant remember a girl who was serious about education and ended up in a good uni who chased after and got with boys.

Theres two types of girls, sluts and goalchasers. You choose who you want to be.
    Sorry but this is terribly sexist and not the right message to be sending. There are not "two types of girls"- they are multifaceted humans just like men and a career-driven woman can equally have a successful love life. FYI, liking a boy does not make you a slut. Secondly I know plenty of intelligent women at excellent unis who have boyfriends, so please don't mislead this girl with this negativity.

OP, I'm sorry you had to go through that but it's a life lesson to be learnt- if a guy speaks to you about sex straight away, that's all he's interested in. You deserve better, unless sex is all you want (I don't think it is). I know it seems tough right now but you need to be brutal. Focus on how awful he made you feel, and use that motivation to cut him completely out of your life- unfriend him on snapchat etc. Channel the upset into anger or determination to succeed. Don't let one guy define you. Hit those maths past papers and do yourself proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    Sorry but this is terribly sexist and not the right message to be sending. There are not "two types of girls"- they are multifaceted humans just like men and a career-driven woman can equally have a successful love life. FYI, liking a boy does not make you a slut. Secondly I know plenty of intelligent women at excellent unis who have boyfriends, so please don't mislead this girl with this negativity.

OP, I'm sorry you had to go through that but it's a life lesson to be learnt- if a guy speaks to you about sex straight away, that's all he's interested in. You deserve better, unless sex is all you want (I don't think it is). I know it seems tough right now but you need to be brutal. Focus on how awful he made you feel, and use that motivation to cut him completely out of your life- unfriend him on snapchat etc. Channel the upset into anger or determination to succeed. Don't let one guy define you. Hit those maths past papers and do yourself proud.
    She's in her a level years and you're being deliberately naive by saying that any relationship then is real at all. Clearly her grades have suffered so she needs to get her priorities.

It's hardly sexist, I'd say the same thing about boys there too.

ReputationRep:
    I've been through a similar thing (minus the exams). The guy was only interested in me when he was drunk and/or wanting to get off. The fact of the matter is some guys will say they like you if they think that'll encourage you to be sexual and that's what's happening here. He's unfortunately not interested in you as a person, and instead only sees you as a means of getting off. Remove/block him off of every social media platform you have him on.

You can't persuade people to feel a different way about a person. Focus on your exams, as hard as it may be. You may even find that once you get stuck into revision it'll be a welcome distraction from being upset over a guy. Make a revision timetable & stick to it.

You're obviously too emotionally involved to benefit from a one night stand or a 'friends with benefits' sort of situation with the guy, so why try and change that? The only thing you're going to get out of continuing to speak to him is more feelings of pain.

Don't let other people define you, him wanting something purely sexual from you and leading you on to think otherwise, does not make you a bad person. Perhaps it makes you a little naive to not see it coming, but he was still a jerk to you. Strengthen your other friendships, they can really help you through times like this. Don't be afraid to speak to your friends about it.

But remember that exams and your future are definitely more important than some jerk. Good luck with your exams & I'm sorry this has happened to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatswrong.)
    She's in her a level years and you're being deliberately naive by saying that any relationship then is real at all. Clearly her grades have suffered so she needs to get her priorities.

It's hardly sexist, I'd say the same thing about boys there too.
    Agree to disagree. I know the likelihood of a teenage romance turning into something serious is unlikely but it does happen- my uncle and aunt have been married for 50 years and started dating when they were 17. Maybe if she wants to do well then she should prioritise revision but she doesn't have to avoid boys completely, it's just about time management. School is important but it's not your life- you can do things outside of it.

ReputationRep:

Have you ever met him in real life? If not you just like the idea of him you have this image of what he is like in your head and can guarantee if you met him you would be put off. Its easy to send sweet messages online but he seems like a typical ****boy. He only ever spoke to you when he wanted his needs met hence he didnt care about you really.

Just better yourself and focus on you and your exams show him what he is missing out on.

Like someone else who posted said he probably told you he liked you alot so you can say sexual things to him if he liked you he would have proved it but he is all words. Don't cry over this waste of space.

(Original post by Nomes24)

Thank you so much I really appreciate it and I'm going to give my work my heart and soul and hopefully erase him.. This sounds stupid lol, but what if he reappears in like a years time or so after I finish a levels?

(Original post by chikane)
    Have you ever met him in real life? If not you just like the idea of him you have this image of what he is like in your head and can guarantee if you met him you would be put off. Its easy to send sweet messages online but he seems like a typical ****boy. He only ever spoke to you when he wanted his needs met hence he didnt care about you really.

Just better yourself and focus on you and your exams show him what he is missing out on.

Like someone else who posted said he probably told you he liked you alot so you can say sexual things to him if he liked you he would have proved it but he is all words. Don't cry over this waste of space.

I've never met him before but he made me smile as lame as that is. Your right tho, ty so much for the advice, really needed 2 hear it

(Original post by Asha_20)
    Hey Hun,

I've read your message not once and twice and from that, I understood that you should have backed away from him when he was showing his ego towards you. I understand your point of view that you like him and stuff but to fully understand a boy/man you need to talk to him from scratch, he should be different and friendly. A guy speaking to you only for sexual purposes shows that he is not the one and from there you should have backed off because no guy at the start would sext.
    and the 2nd lesson was when he took a random girl out twice
    that shows that he is not interested and he's a **** boy.

Girl you have a lot to prove out there it is a really competitive out there and trust me there are plenty more fishes in the sea let the right one come to you and for now focus on your studies!!! and do what you want to do only YOU are ENTITLED to do whatever you want.

Thank you so much hun. What if he randomly decides to message me? do you think he generally wanted to use me.. I don't get y he took her out, I mean it's his life but he's really screwed mine up and I have a lotta work 2 do

they.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much I really appreciate it and I'm going to give my work my heart and soul and hopefully erase him.. This sounds stupid lol, but what if he reappears in like a years time or so after I finish a levels?
    You will have hopefully moved on by then if he chooses to contact you in a years time i know i would.

I've never met him before but he made me smile as lame as that is. Your right tho, ty so much for the advice, really needed 2 hear it
    Its easy to make someone smile online hun its just words on a screen to him. He wasn't messaging you regularly plus the girls he is going out with is the one he sees in rl so not surprised he went to them. I just think he saw it as a bit of fun.

ReputationRep:
    He is not worth your time. You know it too. Just need to be able to let him go from your life now. Dont think about him is the best way to go

ReputationRep:
    First finish your studies. Boys today are unpredictable so be sure of your academic position prior. After then you'll get the Godsend one for your life and for the rest of your happiness in your entire life. Be patient finish your A level and get to uni and from here you can now get him(the one made for you only). Don't stress yourself run two things at the moment. I know it's browsing so much but keep patient. I'm saying it all my own experience and now i'm still patient just looking for my way to uni and hoping now for all I was waiting for and surely she is coming. .BE PATIENT AND TRUST GOD FOR EVERYTHING, HE IS COMING FOR YOU! thanks

ReputationRep:

Block him. Don't let him have power over your emotions- especially since you barely know each other.
    The harsh reality is that he was probably just messaging you to try and distract himself from issues he has going on in his own life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.