Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should a 29 year-old male be messaging a 18 year-old female like this(see messages) Watch

I am in the process of learning languages hence i signed up to this website where you can exchange contacts with people who know different languages.

I then met someone who is 29, we exchange conversations in different languages through skype.

I know my boundary which is solely language exchange/conversation.

However, i do not know if i m reading to much into his messages which are:

I've just send you a massege via Skype but I guess it is to late and you unavailabale. :/
    What a pity.
    Ok, I'll try tomorrow evening.
    Sweet dreams.

Then some minutes after:

Everything is Ok.
    And you?
    Are you well rested? Happy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am in the process of learning languages hence i signed up to this website where you can exchange contacts with people who know different languages.

I then met someone who is 29, we exchange conversations in different languages through skype.

I've just send you a massege via Skype but I guess it is to late and you unavailabale. :/
    What a pity.
    Sweet dreams.

Then some minutes after:

Everything is Ok.
    And you?
    Looks like general chit-chat to me tbh
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Sweet dreams is a fairly typical nicety, you don't need to assume anything from it. Seems like they might be a little awkward, but nothing looks untoward to me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like someone for whom English is a second language making general small talk.

As long as you don't give out personal information what's the worst that could happen? If he gets cheeky just block him.

ReputationRep:

What a pity.
    Sweet dreams.

Then some minutes after:

Everything is Ok.
    And you?

I remember your other topic. You implied the man was a pedophile for just talking to you.

Seems like for some reason you very much like the idea of being "abused" or taken advantage of ....and have resorted to clutching at straws reading into every little thing in the hopes you can say yeah it happened to me.

The conversation you posted is just laughable, it really is.

nothing wrong with it at all. and even if he was trying it on ....you are 18 ......not 8, stop trying to play victim
    • Very Important Poster

To start alleging something, then you need a lot more than that. If you are uncomfortable, then find someone else to chat with.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a clean as you'll get in terms of IM talk these days.

Im amazed the word creep hasn't been tossed in to the mix yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngloIndoCrew)
    Thats a clean as you'll get in terms of IM talk these days.

Im amazed the word creep hasn't been tossed in to the mix yet though.
    Yeah. My ims with my mum aren't that clean.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a perfectly innocent conversation to me. If you really feel uncomfortable though, just don't talk to him.

ReputationRep:

What a pity.
    Sweet dreams.

Then some minutes after:

Everything is Ok.
    And you?
    Be careful of these websites it's just full of strange men looking for foreign girls to creep on. I downloaded an app version of one to practise languages and all I got was men requesting to speak to me and they were all such weirdos. Foreign men just don't know how to be normal half the time lol. Not saying he's being a creep I'm saying you often will get them and wouldn't be surprised if this developed.

ReputationRep:
    This is the second time you've posted a thread like this.

It's nothing. Stop attention seeking. If you don't like him, stop talking to him. You're 18, you should have common sense

ReputationRep:

What a pity.
    Sweet dreams.

Then some minutes after:

Everything is Ok.
    And you?
    I say you're winning. Cuz you're getting attention from him through general chit chat and you're getting attention from us through complaining about him. So double lucky you 😜
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the issue. I was half expecting you to be posting messages where he was chatting you up or something.

You are stupid stop playing the victim its stupid girls like you who put people in jail wrongly this is not a topic to write about he is being as kind as he possibly can be go to a college learn English dumbo.Wasting peoples time and trying to scare other people to protect you, you are pathological lying psychopath

ReputationRep:

What a pity.
    Sweet dreams.

Then some minutes after:

Everything is Ok.
    And you?
    Desperate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.