Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

she acts like i don't exist but makes eye contact and smiles at me Watch

is she playing hard to get?
    so there is this girl in my business class (we have never talked) but we make eye contact and once she even smiled -also whenever I do a class presentation she smiles and looks at me. most of the time she has no facial expression and looks dead. however the thing is at certain times she acts like i don't exist for example today i walked out the class behind her and instead of holding the door for me she pushes the door aggressively its almost as if she never turns around to look. also once i was in a conversation with people on her table outside class she was there as well and when i looked at her she was looking at me at me.
    i would approach her but whenever she is alone she is glued to her phone. is this a good time to approach her?

ReputationRep:
    yo she slammed the door in your face and then smiles at you?

she probs mad that you aint approaching her lmao

ReputationRep:
    Do it, tiger.

ReputationRep:
    No facial expression and looks dead? Lol sounds like me.
    Maybe she's on her phone to feel like less of an awkward **** when she's on her own so just go speak to her, like yolo what's the worst she's gonna do stab you??
    go 4 iT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    No facial expression and looks dead? Lol sounds like me.
    Maybe she's on her phone to feel like less of an awkward **** when she's on her own so just go speak to her, like yolo what's the worst she's gonna do stab you??
    go 4 iT
    I bet this will be the first correct prediction of 2017.... OP gets stabbed by his crush for approaching her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    I bet this will be the first correct prediction of 2017.... OP gets stabbed by his crush for approaching her.
    Let's hope it makes it as a meme

ReputationRep:
    She might have just pushed the door back impulsively because she was upset/angry about something. This doesn't necessarily mean that those emotions were directed at you. If she is smiling and making eye contact with you on a regular basis, then at the very least she seems like a shy but friendly person.

Being on your phone while you're alone is natural. It can feel less awkward than if she were to just sit there looking around. You can try approaching her then if you want. Some people are open to it. I'd be fine with someone I knew approaching me, but I'd be a bit wary of a stranger approaching me while I was on my own.

You can always just try saying "hello" or whatever the next few times you see her. This makes you seem more approachable and friendly, and can help kick things off.

You don't really have much to lose if you approach her on her own, and it doesn't go how you'd like. So you might as well just try it. Just remember to make sure that she's not feeling uncomfortable or that though.

ReputationRep:
    just do it!!!

(Original post by EmmaCx)
    She might have just pushed the door back impulsively because she was upset/angry about something. This doesn't necessarily mean that those emotions were directed at you. If she is smiling and making eye contact with you on a regular basis, then at the very least she seems like a shy but friendly person.

Being on your phone while you're alone is natural. It can feel less awkward than if she were to just sit there looking around. You can try approaching her then if you want. Some people are open to it. I'd be fine with someone I knew approaching me, but I'd be a bit wary of a stranger approaching me while I was on my own.

You can always just try saying "hello" or whatever the next few times you see her. This makes you seem more approachable and friendly, and can help kick things off.

You don't really have much to lose if you approach her on her own, and it doesn't go how you'd like. So you might as well just try it. Just remember to make sure that she's not feeling uncomfortable or that though.
    thanks soo much for the reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.