Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

complete fitness noob, i am trying tho :D Watch

• Welcome Squad

Helllloo!

So as you can tell by the title, I really don't know all that much about fitness and exercise mostly because I am lazy but, now that is starting to show :/

Recently I have been obsessed with vegan videos and although I have no intention of going vegan (yet), it was their healthy eating stuff that got me thinking.

Now, I am trying to eat healthier which is proving easier than I thought so that is a plus however, I want to get fitter too and that means exercise which I have avoided as much as I possibly could my whole life.

Truth be told, if PE wasn't compulsory at school I would probably be quite big because I love to eat, a lot.

That was all background waffle so if you read that and you're thinking wtf, I'm sorry but I'm getting to the point:

POINT:

does anyone watch or has anyone heard of Lucy Wyndham Read?

https://www.youtube.com/user/LWRFitnessChannel

I found her through the SacconeJolys on YouTube and so far I feel really good trying out her workout videos but I wanted to ask you guys, as you are fitness experts, how effective you think these are?

I plan on going to the gym with my friend who's a regular gym goer once I get back to uni but for now these videos are what I have been using.

Thoughts?

side note: im 5ft 3 and weight 57.5kg if that means anything

Thanks in advance for your help, and I am sorry that I don't know much about fitness

Angry cucumber because you're the only fitness persona i know of on tsr

ReputationRep:
    You go gurl!

Shame I have no clue too :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The FAQ is stickied on this sub-section. That will be of great help to you, if you have any further questions after reading that then fire away.

(Cucumber would have said 'Read FAQ' haha)

I'm not 100% sure what your goals are?

You'd don't have to be vegan or vegatarian to be 'healthy' but it's good you're feeling empowered

Edit: watched the link.

HIIT training is good, it's a good form of cardio.

Tbh tracking your calories with 'myfitnesspal', doing some cardio and i'd chuck some weight training in plus working on flexibility will make you feel much better about yourself and you'll be healthier etc etc.
    Depends what your goals are...
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Can confirm read the FAQ

I'd avoid most healthy eating sites. As 99% are a how to in starvation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

sorry about the late replies!

(Original post by Unistudent77)
    The FAQ is stickied on this sub-section. That will be of great help to you, if you have any further questions after reading that then fire away.

(Cucumber would have said 'Read FAQ' haha)

I'm not 100% sure what your goals are?

You'd don't have to be vegan or vegatarian to be 'healthy' but it's good you're feeling empowered

Edit: watched the link.

HIIT training is good, it's a good form of cardio.

Tbh tracking your calories with 'myfitnesspal', doing some cardio and i'd chuck some weight training in plus working on flexibility will make you feel much better about yourself and you'll be healthier etc etc.
    Depends what your goals are...
    loooooool! my noob self! :lol: ill be sure to check out the FAQ! thanks you!

goals are to loose weight and tone up. i think they go hand in hand but again correct me if im wrong

im already a veggie so vegan is just there if i wanna try it

i seeeee!! i tried my fitness pal but i have to say, i dont find it very compatible with indian food :lol:

thank you so much!

(Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Can confirm read the FAQ

I'd avoid most healthy eating sites. As 99% are a how to in starvation

Posted from TSR Mobile

i will do !

thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.