ivs01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I need help on finalising my choices for A Level subjects, I am set on doing Government & Politics and also Economics, but I am deciding on whether I should do German and Maths for my last two options.

I enjoy German and I have a passion for Maths. However the fact that the new specification for German which I will have to do if I take it, requires me to speak spontaneously for around 20 minutes about a named subject. That just makes me quite scared as I can imagine myself not being confident in that part of the specification. Everything else for German seems fine.

For Maths, I have a passion for this subject and my target is a 7- which is equivalent to an A- I think and my working at grade is a 6, equivalent to a B. The target requirement for entry level is a 7 which is fine. However for my most recent mock result I got a 5 which is a C, so I am quite confused on what to do now and whether to pick it or not.

Help pleaseee xx
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
dmachimar58
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ivs01)
So I need help on finalising my choices for A Level subjects, I am set on doing Government & Politics and also Economics, but I am deciding on whether I should do German and Maths for my last two options.

I enjoy German and I have a passion for Maths. However the fact that the new specification for German which I will have to do if I take it, requires me to speak spontaneously for around 20 minutes about a named subject. That just makes me quite scared as I can imagine myself not being confident in that part of the specification. Everything else for German seems fine.

For Maths, I have a passion for this subject and my target is a 7- which is equivalent to an A- I think and my working at grade is a 6, equivalent to a B. The target requirement for entry level is a 7 which is fine. However for my most recent mock result I got a 5 which is a C, so I am quite confused on what to do now and whether to pick it or not.

Help pleaseee xx
Drop out.

- Duncan Machimar xxx
ivs01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
😂😂 lmaoo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (742)
41.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.5%

Watched Threads