GCSE Edexcel Music Composition Help! Watch

LucieRoseP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I'm really struggling with my music composition- I was wondering if anyone had any advice on features that i could include that would boost my grade up
Thanks
studyingmusic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My main piece of advice would be to ask your teacher for as much feedback as possible, that's what I do, I know it can be embarrassing if you think your composition is really bad but just ask them to listen to it and tell you how you can improve it. It'll be worth it for how much you'll be able to improve your composition.
Some other things to think about:
- Are all of the parts varied and exciting? Do they make the most of the instrument they're written for?
- Have you used a variety of performance techniques?
- Have you included dynamic variation?
- Is your chord sequence interesting? Does it change in different sections of the song?
- Have you included a modulation?
- Does it sound good?

Hope this was at least a bit helpful?
Bubs051213
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Everything that the poster above me said I also second. It's also worth considering what style of music you're writing and whether or not you have features from that style. For example (did my Edexcel Music GCSE last year) I did a Ground Bass and so included things like a hemiola (there's one in And The Glory, Handel if you need some ideas) and Minimalism so included counterpoint, modulation (like in Reich). Good luck and ask if you need any help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (47)
9.11%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.71%
No, but I want to start (186)
36.05%
No, I am unable to (119)
23.06%
No, I chose not to (150)
29.07%