Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a guy in my sixth form who acts a bit weird. I don't know what it is, but he just acts a bit differently from others.

Well anyway,

In Chemistry today, my classmates were discussing him - I was distracted elsewhere, and was just listening.

One of my female mates said "he's a freak, I don't like him".

No one really acted in his defence, but the conversation moved on after she said that.

I just felt that what she said was mean. She didn't say it personally to his face - not too sure if it makes it better or worse.

I just think "freak" is a bit of a harsh term. Especially now we are in sixth form. He is a bit of a loner.

Was my friend being mean - or is this just normal.

How would you feel if you heard that being said about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomm1995)
    There's a guy in my sixth form who acts a bit weird. I don't know what it is, but he just acts a bit differently from others.

Well anyway,

In Chemistry today, my classmates were discussing him - I was distracted elsewhere, and was just listening.

No one really acted in his defence, but the conversation moved on after she said that.

I just felt that what she said was mean. She didn't say it personally to his face - not too sure if it makes it better or worse.

I just think "freak" is a bit of a harsh term. Especially now we are in sixth form. He is a bit of a loner.

I would turn to what I do now! Is this guy me???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Car Lover)
    I would turn to what I do now! Is this guy me???
    Nah, it definitely wasn't me!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    bless him, tell that girl that she needs to focus on passing chemistry rather than bad mouthing people

ReputationRep:

Well anyway,

unfortunately being 'mean' and 'just the norm' are not mutually exclusive...

ReputationRep:

Well anyway,

I have had that said to me, both to my face, behind my back. With one person and groups of people.

No it doesnt feel nice. Yes it made me pretty much despise almost everyone associated with that, and yes she was being mean.

I can guarantee, bet money on it, that she wouldnt feel very good if someone said that about her.

It's not so much the "freak" word, so much as the fact that no one takes any effort or time to get to know him, but know enough to call him a freak. He's probably a nice guy, could be a bad guy. but shell never know until she stops being a b**ch and tries to be nice to him, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    bless him, tell that girl that she needs to focus on passing chemistry rather than bad mouthing people
    He is a bit of a loner - and sometimes rubs people the wrong way. But I just though what she said was so mean. She is quite smart too, so knew it wasn't very nice. I'd be devastated if I heard people talking like that about me!

ReputationRep:
    Sorta getting vibes it may have been me...
    Honestly that person can go.....do one.

She was been mean and the fact that nobody said anything is sad really.
    Why didn't you say anything if I may ask OP? (Not to criticise you or anything).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.