Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I chose btec business
    I hate business and hate course work
    I was told I could only do that. A month later o find out I could have done alevel sociology which I like. But it's too late to switch. What am I meant to do. I feel like I've ruined my life I hate this. Help
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The first thing to do is get yourself out of this funk. You haven't ruined your life! What is it you hate about your current btec? Is it the subject or the course itself? How do you know you prefer sociology? How long till you finish this course and how about finishing it and then doing the btec in sociology? What are your current grades like?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you do that!
    You can't go back now you big dummy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.