The Student Room Group

UCAS Deadlines

I know the deadline is the 15th of January for applications. I'm stressing out like crazy because the person who is supposed to be my reference doesn't look like they're going to be able to help me before the deadline. Does anyone know if the deadline is set in stone or can you still apply shortly after?😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Lemtos
I know the deadline is the 15th of January for applications. I'm stressing out like crazy because the person who is supposed to be my reference doesn't look like they're going to be able to help me before the deadline. Does anyone know if the deadline is set in stone or can you still apply shortly after?😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can apply afterwards.

The only issue is that some courses may not have many (or even any) places and priority is given to those who applied before the deadline.
Reply 2
Thank you jneill. That's extremely reassuring. I'm just hoping I can get my application sent by the end of Friday! Not looking good right now, I'll need a miracle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemtos
Thank you jneill. That's extremely reassuring. I'm just hoping I can get my application sent by the end of Friday! Not looking good right now, I'll need a miracle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contact your universities and explain the situation to them and ask them what they would recommend you do. They might be able to reassure you that applying a little late will be fine.
Original post by Lemtos

Posted from TSR Mobile

What u can do is that , send the application without the reference before the deadline.Then contact all the Uni's and send them the reference(when u have it) with the ucas code and it should be fine.
Original post by CrazyFoxes
What u can do is that , send the application without the reference before the deadline.Then contact all the Uni's and send them the reference(when u have it) with the ucas code and it should be fine.

You cannot do this without the explicit prior agreement of all of your universities ( and if you are likely to end up in adjustment or clearing then no reference on UCAS will cause problems).

Quick Reply