The Student Room Group

Phone won't turn on (Just stays on the boot screen/ blue screen)

I have a motorola moto g. It doesn't let me remove the battery. I haven't tried resetting it, as I don't want to lose all the photos until I find a way to back it up. It wont let me go on my phone at all. Usually goes on the bootup screen then maybe to the blue screen.

I have tried turning it on by pressing the volume button which takes you to a list of options. (Reset, barcodes and some other things)

Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Kholmes1
I have a motorola moto g. It doesn't let me remove the battery. I haven't tried resetting it, as I don't want to lose all the photos until I find a way to back it up. It wont let me go on my phone at all. Usually goes on the bootup screen then maybe to the blue screen.

I have tried turning it on by pressing the volume button which takes you to a list of options. (Reset, barcodes and some other things)

Any ideas?

Turn it on while it is connected to the charger
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
Turn it on while it is connected to the charger

Trieid that. At the moment I have it connected to my computer. But no usb thing is coming up, as apparently your phone needs to be on and your suppose to press some button on your phone.
Reply 3
Trieid that. At the moment I have it connected to my computer. But no usb thing is coming up, as apparently your phone needs to be on and your suppose to press some button on your phone.

Which generation of Moto G?
(edited 7 years ago)
Did you do any software changes to it......?

I always mess about with the software on my phone, I've bricked it numerous times (Brick means it is as useful as a Brick :biggrin: )

Tell us how it happened.
When it happened.
Reply 5
Original post by harry293
Which generation of Moto G?

I think its first gen. Just looked up pictures so first gen.
Reply 6
Original post by Bulletzone
Did you do any software changes to it......?

I always mess about with the software on my phone, I've bricked it numerous times (Brick means it is as useful as a Brick :biggrin: )

Tell us how it happened.
When it happened.

I guess it started one week ago. I think its when I re-downloaded showbox. (Had it before for ages, same website) It went off after a few minutes sometimes. If I went on a certain app. Sometimes it lasted ages before it did that. Usually going on Pokemon Go but using my own data made it really lag and turn off.

Then around 2/3 days ago. Started doing it way more often. Usually just by turning it on. (I was lucky to be able to get onto spotify/ set an alarm) Now since yesterday wont go on the main screen at all. Just stays on the boot up screen or the blue screen.
I guess it started one week ago. I think its when I re-downloaded showbox. (Had it before for ages, same website) It went off after a few minutes sometimes. If I went on a certain app. Sometimes it lasted ages before it did that. Usually going on Pokemon Go but using my own data made it really lag and turn off.

Then around 2/3 days ago. Started doing it way more often. Usually just by turning it on. (I was lucky to be able to get onto spotify/ set an alarm) Now since yesterday wont go on the main screen at all. Just stays on the boot up screen or the blue screen.

Alright no worries.

Does your Motorolla Run Android?
If so, Do you re-call which version?
Reply 8
I think its first gen. Just looked up pictures so first gen.

I used to have the Moto G 2nd Gen but it just stopped working out of the blue.

Whenever I tried to switch it on, it would go to the boot screen (with the M logo) and then to the Android Rescue (android on back) screen and the phone would keep vibrating every few minutes. I did a fair amount of research about how to sort this problem out online but none of it worked for me and I ended up just throwing it away. I tried to do a factory reset using the volume keys to access another menu but it wouldn't work and kept coming up with an error message after I completed it.

You might want to try doing this. As you've said, I'm pretty sure the phone needs to be unlocked in order to access the phone from PC. Some computer/phone repair shops offer data recovery so it may be possible if you go down that route if you are desperate.

You might want to send the phone off to be repaired, or back to Motorola for repair if it is still within it's warranty period (you might want to check this).

Just to say, i'm no expert on the topic and this is just from my personal experiance.

Any ideas?

Alright, I'll guide you through the process and Try to help you restore your phone.

We'll start with the Forced reset:

Forced Restart: Normally happens when the device is unresponsive or frozen, displays a blank or black screen, or will not respond when the power button is pressed, perform a forced restart.
Procedure:
Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for 10-20 seconds. The device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
Reply 10
Alright no worries.

Does your Motorolla Run Android?
If so, Do you re-call which version?

Yeah its android. No idea what version.
Reply 11
Alright, I'll guide you through the process and Try to help you restore your phone.

We'll start with the Forced reset:

Forced Restart: Normally happens when the device is unresponsive or frozen, displays a blank or black screen, or will not respond when the power button is pressed, perform a forced restart.
Procedure:
Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for 10-20 seconds. The device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

That takes me to the menu thing. Thanks anyway.
Reply 12
Original post by harry293
I used to have the Moto G 2nd Gen but it just stopped working out of the blue.

Whenever I tried to switch it on, it would go to the boot screen (with the M logo) and then to the Android Rescue (android on back) screen and the phone would keep vibrating every few minutes. I did a fair amount of research about how to sort this problem out online but none of it worked for me and I ended up just throwing it away. I tried to do a factory reset using the volume keys to access another menu but it wouldn't work and kept coming up with an error message after I completed it.

You might want to try doing this. As you've said, I'm pretty sure the phone needs to be unlocked in order to access the phone from PC. Some computer/phone repair shops offer data recovery so it may be possible if you go down that route if you are desperate.

You might want to send the phone off to be repaired, or back to Motorola for repair if it is still within it's warranty period (you might want to check this).

Just to say, i'm no expert on the topic and this is just from my personal experiance.

Exactly the same thing happened. I havent tried reseting. So might just have to buy a new phone which is annoying as ill lose all my photos and stuff.
Reply 13
Bump. Any others?

Quick Reply

Latest