Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am just filling out a student finance application and I am seeking some guidance please.
    I live with my Aunt in the U.K as my parents live in Ireland. I financially support myself. I am just wondering do I go under the bracket of living with parents or living away from parents as I support myself and contribute to living in her home?
    Any advice would be grateful,
    Thankyou
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentfinance92)
    Hi I am just filling out a student finance application and I am seeking some guidance please.
    I live with my Aunt in the U.K as my parents live in Ireland. I financially support myself. I am just wondering do I go under the bracket of living with parents or living away from parents as I support myself and contribute to living in her home?
    Any advice would be grateful,
    Thankyou
    I would suggest ringing up SFE about this.

My hunch would be that you live away from your parents (although you may need to provide other proof in order for this to make you class as an independent student - proof of P60s income for 3 tax years is the norm if you're under 25 and not married and childless).

If you don't meet the requirements for independent then SFE may well still require to see proof of household income for your parents in Ireland.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.