The Student Room Group

No portfolio!

I've applied for several universities in London for a film and television degree. I know it's bad but I don't have a portfolio or any work that can be counted.

I'm scared to turn up to an interview with no portfolio. I have many reasons for wanting to study this degree and think my time studying drama is part of the reason as I now more take the directing/producing roles. And see myself doing this in the film/tv industry.

Has anyone had experIence or does anyone else not have a portfolio and has some advice?

I currently study media, English language and drama at A2.
Reply 1
Hey! I'm not 100% sure on what to say, but I understand what you mean. Surely you have some work from your media course? I'm not sure exactly what a media course consists of? I know one of my friends had to create a music video? Any videos you've done I would include photocopies or mood boards of ideas/generation pages you might of created in the lead up to making a video? Then I'd either take the video created with me on an Ipad? Or (as well) take screenshots from the video and speak about why you took certain shots and why you have the desire to study film at uni because of what you've learnt and developed through your course?
Also maybe a written piece? Like an essay or something? To show your potential of writing about a film?
Hope it goes well! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest