Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an American undergrad student considering some postgrad options in London. I don't want to go abroad unless I am able to attend a solid business school but I'm not sure if I'm competitive enough for anything like Imperial, LBS, etc. What are some good business schools in the area that are not necessarily super competitive? I'll likely apply to Imperial as a reach school and one more as a fallback.

(Link one of my previous questions with some information on my academic standing if you'd like it for reference: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content)

Thanks and I appreciate the insight!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    How have you come to the conclusion that you're not competitive enough? Have you checked your profile against the entry requirements? Only you know what you're looking for in a business school. There are plenty of 'solid' schools in the UK to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    I may be wrong but if you are able to graduate with a first class first or second-class degree on an appropriate subject I dont see how you wouldnt manage to get into a top business school..keep in mind specific postgrads may require GMAT...

great business schools in london include imperial, london business school and UCL school of management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiorafael)
    I may be wrong but if you are able to graduate with a first class first or second-class degree on an appropriate subject I dont see how you wouldnt manage to get into a top business school..keep in mind specific postgrads may require GMAT...

great business schools in london include imperial, london business school and UCL school of management
    I appreciate that insight! I've applied to Imperial and am working on UCL. They both don't require GMAT (lucky for me, that's a huge cost saver) and are the only two schools in London with the postgrad degree I'm looking for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.