Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump compromised by Russian intelligence, reports say Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highlyf)
    They are facts that haven't led to a criminal conviction. They were also published at a time where it can easily affect the elections. This Dossier was published when it would have no impact on the elections.

Whilst it is unsubstantiated, it isnt necessarily a lie.

You're wrong in saying that the smear on Clinton was true, since opening up the investigation didnt necessarily mean she was guilty at such a crucial moment.

It's not a smear. You still can't seem to come up with a reason as to why we as the public are not allowed to see this Dossier even if it is completely unsubstantiated.
    Why are you moving the goal posts? It's a fact that Clinton had a private email server with classified intelligence on it, regardless of whether or not she got convicted for it. That's 100% completely true. Elections and convictions and zero relevance here.

Yet more mental gymnastics from you. No, I can't prove a negative. In the meantime though, rational logic would dictate, given that there is zero evidence, assuming it's false.

I've told you the reason. Because it's slanderous. Unlike liberals I have principle. I do not believe that a completely unverified allegation should be published about someone. At least a basic tenant of evidence, plausibility and credibility should be established first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    Yet more mental gymnastics from you. No, I can't prove a negative. In the meantime though, rational logic would dictate, given that there is zero evidence, assuming it's false.

I've told you the reason. Because it's slanderous. Unlike liberals I have principle. I do not believe that a completely unverified allegation should be published about someone. At least a basic tenant of evidence, plausibility and credibility should be established first.
    That's not rational logic at all. Rational logic is to not make any conclusions at all.

It's called transparent journalism. Buzzfeed are fine with getting a lot of **** for this but theyve done a service. I'd rather get all the information and decide for myself whether its true or not. I dont care if dirty Drumpf and his supporters get offended. Political incorrectness and anti establishment works both ways. It is not up to you nor anyone to decide whether something shouldnt be published. Dirty Drumpf and his supporters cannot censor news that offends them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather get all the information and decide for myself whether its true or not.
    But you have no rational way of determining whether it is true or not. You simply do not have access to the analytical tools necessary to determine this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    But you have no rational way of determining whether it is true or not. You simply do not have access to the analytical tools necessary to determine this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    That's not rational logic at all. Rational logic is to not make any conclusions at all.

It's called transparent journalism. Buzzfeed are fine with getting a lot of **** for this but theyve done a service. I'd rather get all the information and decide for myself whether its true or not. I dont care if dirty Drumpf and his supporters get offended. Political incorrectness and anti establishment works both ways. It is not up to you nor anyone to decide whether something shouldnt be published. Dirty Drumpf and his supporters cannot censor news that offends them.
    No. Rational logic requires a burden of proof before accepting a theory.
    You can spin it all you want but there's a reason that for months no media outlet ran the story. Even the most left-leaning anti-Trump organisations refused to run it because it's so unethical.
    By your logic newspapers can simply smear their opponents at will. There's a reason we have libel and slander laws.
    What if the Daily Mail ran an article about a report, written by an anonymous TSR user with a penchant for pot noodles, about how another user 'highlyf' likes to dabble in beastiality and had pledged allegiance to ISIS? Of course there'd be a disclaimer that it probably isn't true, but meh let the people decide!
    Free press and speech does not cover the right to trash and smear people's name. Evidence and proof is required to make a claim about someone.

ReputationRep:
    Now there is more than one source.

BBC's Paul Wood in Washington says:

"
    And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the president-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by "the head of an East European intelligence agency".

Later, I used an intermediary to pass some questions to active duty CIA officers dealing with the case file - they would not speak to me directly. I got a message back that there was "more than one tape", "audio and video", on "more than one date", in "more than one place" - in the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow and also in St Petersburg - and that the material was "of a sexual nature".
    "
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38589427

It would appear that there are multiple instances of material.

It surely is only a matter of time now before some of the actual recordings surface.

ReputationRep:
    Penthouse offering $1m for the tapes.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b05b7a465c78de

Come on FSB guys - you know you want to be rich and the public have a right to see your show!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

"
    And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the president-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by "the head of an East European intelligence agency".

Later, I used an intermediary to pass some questions to active duty CIA officers dealing with the case file - they would not speak to me directly. I got a message back that there was "more than one tape", "audio and video", on "more than one date", in "more than one place" - in the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow and also in St Petersburg - and that the material was "of a sexual nature".
    "

It surely is only a matter of time now before some of the actual recordings surface.
    It's not like every major liberal media organisation in the world has been trying to verify this story for months so they could run it themselves or anything, nor is it like the FBI has already investigated Trump's alleged ties with Russia and found nothing. It also isn't like not one single wikileaks dump has had anything at all about US intelligence's apparent suspicions of Russia's hold over Trump. I can't wait to see how they try and retcon this conspiracy into existence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Penthouse offering $1m for the tapes.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b05b7a465c78de

Come on FSB guys - you know you want to be rich and the public have a right to see your show!
    Come on, no one would leak a tape of Trump calling someone a niggar. Do you really think an FSB guy (who likely find himself getting a ricin booster shortly afterwards) is going to leak something like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

"

"

Realistically Putin's game is not to have a puppet in the White House but to destabilise and undermine western government. He doesn't want this to be a clear cut resignation issue. He wants this to be a fight between Trump's supporters and opponents for the next four years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Come on, no one would leak a tape of Trump calling someone a niggar. Do you really think an FSB guy (who likely find himself getting a ricin booster shortly afterwards) is going to leak something like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or allege that he groped them aggressively.

In the post-truth reality, the moon's a balloon and Trump's a towering figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Realistically Putin's game is not to have a puppet in the White House but to destabilise and undermine western government. He doesn't want this to be a clear cut resignation issue. He wants this to be a fight between Trump's supporters and opponents for the next four years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely Vlad would want Donald to be in the White House for as long as possible, rather than being replaced by a normal person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Surely Vlad would want Donald to be in the White House for as long as possible, rather than being replaced by a normal person.
    Yes, he wants him in the White House but embroiled in a sex scandal which dominates his presidency and undermines his ability to do anything.

The extra ships that Trump wants to order will be available for deployment by a future President. It would be better from Putin's perspective if the Appropriations Bill to order them never gets through Congress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jesus take the wheel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Absolutely stunning and explosive; the research report put together by a former British intelligence officer (there was also another report to the same effect drawn up by a former CIA officer) that determined Trump had been compromised by Russian intelligence was passed to the FBI and taken seriously enough to be included in the intelligence briefings he received on the Russia hacks.

It is said that the FSB (Russian intelligence) has compromising evidence of "perverted sexual acts" he undertook while in Moscow attending a Miss Universe competition. Of course that is standard practice for intelligence services; all of them put bugs and cameras in the best hotels to acquire blackmail material on important people. Most rich people are not stupid enough to do anything they wouldn't want others to find out when they are staying in hotels overseas, and leave the sick **** for when they are on their private estates. If true, it seems that as usual Donnie had no self-control and just couldn't help himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ussia-contacts

Even more explosive, the FBI applied to the FISA court back in the summer for surveillance warrants against four members of the Trump campaign team to keep them under watch for relationships with Russian intelligence.

This really provides the most logical explanation for why Trump didn't, when this stuff came out, simply say "I abhor the Russian hacking of the DNC. Even if they sought to help me, I didn't want their help. They shall pay for their presumption" and instead has acted like he has this big, red neon sign saying "Guilty! Guilty!" when he keeps desperately trying to undermine the intelligence agencies on the hacking questions, trying to divert attention to Chinese hacking, and praising Vladimir Putin even though this is electoral poison and completely regressive in policy terms.

Trump is finished. Whether he lasts a week or a year, he's probably going to be impeached by his own party. In fact, if worse comes to worse the Russians might release the info they have on him themselves, as the worst case scenario for them is that the United States is massively embarrassed and discredited by having elected a Russian spy to the presidency. Their global prestige takes a massive hit, and Russia looks even more powerful, Putin looks even more the chessmaster (which he craves)

Can't say we didn't warn these alt-right fools. Their lack of patriotism and pro-Russian bootlicking knows no bounds.
    Trump is my dad
    and trump is your dad
    who's dad is he?
    are we brothers?
    no u are my life partner

ReputationRep:
    Christopher Steele has gone into hiding. Apparently it was him who uncovered the FIFA corruption, which turned out to be, er, all completely true. Just as a note to all the Trumpist doubters.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38591382

ReputationRep:
    Christopher Steele has gone into hiding. Apparently it was him who uncovered the FIFA corruption, which turned out to be, er, all completely true. Just as a note to all the Trumpist doubters.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38591382
    Steele didn't 'uncover' it. The FIFA corruption investigation began as a result of an IRS investigation in to Chuck Blazer, the American CONCACAF official, over his tax affairs. Steele may have later been hired to consult on the resulting FBI case due to his apparent contacts in Russia. Stop spreading fake info to try and corroborate this fake news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    Steele didn't 'uncover' it. The FIFA corruption investigation began as a result of an IRS investigation in to Chuck Blazer, the American CONCACAF official, over his tax affairs. Steele may have later been hired to consult on the resulting FBI case due to his apparent contacts in Russia. Stop spreading fake info to try and corroborate this fake news.
    I don't know the history of it - I was quoting the BBC. They are generally careful not to spread false stories.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the history of it - I was quoting the BBC. They are generally careful not to spread false stories.
    Fair one. I can see that the BBC statement can be read as you said, but I can say for definite that Christopher Steele was not the original source of the FIFA corruption scandal, nor was he the main supplier of evidence- most of it was secret recordings and tapings made by Chuck Glazer once he turned informant, plus FBI forensic accounting.

ReputationRep:
    I see liberals on here are failing to see who the main source of all this is: 4CHAN.

The MI6 agent is the leak.

Idiots.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.