Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump compromised by Russian intelligence, reports say Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    This highly regarded MI6 agent failed to provide any proof or evidence what so ever in his report. So there's that.
    And Jesus Christ you're logic is astonishing. There's zero evidence, none whatsoever, such an absence of evidence that for almost two months no reputable media outlet would go near this story, but because it fits with your agenda and political bias you think it's plausibly true? For real?!
    Incidentally I remember when i debunked a meme you posted about Donald Trump saying if he ever ran for office he'd run as a Republican because Republican voters are stupid, and your response was along the lines of 'yeah but it sounds like something he'd say so I still think it's true'.
    It's weird seeing such hypocritical, nonsensical, utterly stupid logic from someone clearly very educated and smart.
    Hell this consultant who wrote the report might have had the same logic as you 'I don't like Trump, this fits in with my bias, sounds legit, must be true,' which would explain why the report was so sloppy, with no supporting evidence and full of factual inaccuracies.
    I suppose the main thing I'm drawing on here is that he is widely said to be a reputable source. Time will tell which version of the post-truth truth is true, but I'm banking on him for this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    I don't see why Trump's sexual preferences are of any relevance..
    They aren't 'sexual preferences'. They are repeated allegations of serious sexual offences, which if they had been made about someone less rich, white and powerful, would almost certainly have ended in a jail sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    They aren't 'sexual preferences'. They are repeated allegations of serious sexual offences, which if they had been made about someone less rich, white and powerful, would almost certainly have ended in a jail sentence.
    Can you quote the section in the report which made such allegations ("of serious sexual offences")?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    Can you quote the section in the report which made such allegations ("of serious sexual offences"?
    Earlier in the thread I was referring to the repeated allegations of sexual assault made against him, we both know it's not in the report, I was suggesting what was in the report was part of that pattern of behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    it's not in the report
    :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Absolutely stunning and explosive; the research report put together by a former British intelligence officer (there was also another report to the same effect drawn up by a former CIA officer) that determined Trump had been compromised by Russian intelligence was passed to the FBI and taken seriously enough to be included in the intelligence briefings he received on the Russia hacks.

It is said that the FSB (Russian intelligence) has compromising evidence of "perverted sexual acts" he undertook while in Moscow attending a Miss Universe competition. Of course that is standard practice for intelligence services; all of them put bugs and cameras in the best hotels to acquire blackmail material on important people. Most rich people are not stupid enough to do anything they wouldn't want others to find out when they are staying in hotels overseas, and leave the sick **** for when they are on their private estates. If true, it seems that as usual Donnie had no self-control and just couldn't help himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ussia-contacts

Even more explosive, the FBI applied to the FISA court back in the summer for surveillance warrants against four members of the Trump campaign team to keep them under watch for relationships with Russian intelligence.

This really provides the most logical explanation for why Trump didn't, when this stuff came out, simply say "I abhor the Russian hacking of the DNC. Even if they sought to help me, I didn't want their help. They shall pay for their presumption" and instead has acted like he has this big, red neon sign saying "Guilty! Guilty!" when he keeps desperately trying to undermine the intelligence agencies on the hacking questions, trying to divert attention to Chinese hacking, and praising Vladimir Putin even though this is electoral poison and completely regressive in policy terms.

Trump is finished. Whether he lasts a week or a year, he's probably going to be impeached by his own party. In fact, if worse comes to worse the Russians might release the info they have on him themselves, as the worst case scenario for them is that the United States is massively embarrassed and discredited by having elected a Russian spy to the presidency. Their global prestige takes a massive hit, and Russia looks even more powerful, Putin looks even more the chessmaster (which he craves)

Can't say we didn't warn these alt-right fools. Their lack of patriotism and pro-Russian bootlicking knows no bounds.
    So many dumb assumptions.

I don't think Putin cares about looking like a chess master to some random guy in the UK.

None of these documents are public. If they are so damaging why aren't they released?

They were illegally obtained by one the most dishonest organisations in the world. Some of us need proof before we make baseless assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    Allegations are made for political reasons all the time, it's one of the go to tactics to discredit someone's reputation.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the main thing I'm drawing on here is that he is widely said to be a reputable source. Time will tell which version of the post-truth truth is true, but I'm banking on him for this one.
    He was well respected as a spook. For MI6. The same organisation that was adamant Iraq had WMDs. Of course John McCain would think him reputable.
    That doesn't make this unverified dossier full of factual errors any less dubious.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Liberals :lol:
    TIL John McCain is a liberal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    He was well respected as a spook. For MI6. The same organisation that was adamant Iraq had WMDs. Of course John McCain would think him reputable.
    That doesn't make this unverified dossier full of factual errors any less dubious.
    She is very predictable. If the same allegations were made about Clinton she'd be quick to dismiss MI6 as an establishment tool.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know it's watersports? How do you know it's not, say that he likes to slap the girls around a bit, or some weird bondage stuff?
    Maybe he likes the ladies to dress up as Hillary while he hacks their servers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Maybe he likes the ladies to dress up as Hillary while he hacks their servers ?
    Too far :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm very skeptical of this.It seems to be the default now that Russia is the big bad guy.Trump wins the election,it must be Russia's fault.As an aside I'm sure America has never cyber hacked a presidential election ever.They are the good guys after all.They would never do that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    he memos, first disclosed by CNN, were written by a former high-ranking British intelligence official hired by Republicans last year to collect information on Trump, were delivered by Sen. John McCain to FBI chief James Comey in December. While the FBI has not verified the accuracy of any of the claims, “U.S. officials had evaluated the sources relied upon by the private firm, considered them credible, and determined that it was plausible that they would have firsthand knowledge of Russia’s alleged dossier on Trump,” the Washington Post reports

Intriguing to note the end part, this was not simply something made up on 4chan at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Intriguing to note the end part, this was not simply something made up on 4chan at any rate.
    Well said. The Trumpkins keep shrieking "fake news", as they do with every story that is adverse to him. But this is not fake news; the report that this document was submitted by an MI6 officer to US intelligence agencies, and that they ajudged its source credible while not making any conclusive determination as to the allegations themselves, is indisputably true.

The Trumpkin claim that this was from 4chan is completely unsubstantiated; the "evidence" they offer is a screenshot of some random Trump supporter claiming in an email that it was from 4chan. Interestingly, they keep saying that "4chan hoaxed you" but 4chan is not a group or a person, it's a forum. 4chan can't do anything, only its users can.

The current Trumpkin position that this is a 4chan hoax (and notice the utter groupthink on the Trump reddit, that they all accept that without question) is itself fake news. The news that such a report was submitted to US intelligence by a former MI6 officer is true.

ReputationRep:
    Well said. The Trumpkins keep shrieking "fake news", as they do with every story that is adverse to him. But this is not fake news; the report that this document was submitted by an MI6 officer to US intelligence agencies, and that they ajudged its source credible while not making any conclusive determination as to the allegations themselves, is indisputably true.

The Trumpkin claim that this was from 4chan is completely unsubstantiated; the "evidence" they offer is a screenshot of some random Trump supporter claiming in an email that it was from 4chan. Interestingly, they keep saying that "4chan hoaxed you" but 4chan is not a group or a person, it's a forum. 4chan can't do anything, only its users can.

The current Trumpkin position that this is a 4chan hoax (and notice the utter groupthink on the Trump reddit, that they all accept that without question) is itself fake news. The news that such a report was submitted to US intelligence by a former MI6 officer is true.
    Most of the big media groups are reporting today that Trump and his team have not specifically denied any of the allegations, they just blow smoke over them with broad statements and counter-blasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Us3rn4me)
    4chan prank
    The claim that this was a "4chan prank" is fake news. There's no evidence for it other than a screenshot of an email from some random Trump supporter claiming that it is, with no supporting evidence.

God I'm sick of this anti-Russian crap
    Because failing to bow down before Putin and let him **** the west up the ass is "anti-Russian" :rolleyes:

[quote]How can anyone believe a show like RT had the power to influence the elections so much?

they were never pro-Trump
    :lol: That's hilarious you're denying the Russian government is pro-Trump. Genuinely hilarious. Members of the Russian duma burst into applause when Trump's victory was announced. Trump has appointed personal friends of Vladimir Putin to Secretary of State and National Security Adviser. He has supported Russia's position on Syria and Crimea, and denied out of hand the obviousness of Russia hacking the DNC.

Why is it wrong that we have good relations with Russia? Why are they considered our enemy exactly?
    Nice strawman. If you object to Russia hacking US institutions and engaging in a propaganda campaign to undermine the US election, then you're just being a warmonger who hates Russians.

Vladimir Putin is the one who has created the hostile relationship. President Obama tried very hard to "reset" the US relationship with Russia, he assumed it must have been the evil neocons who had caused Russia's hostility. And then he found out himself; it is Russia's inability to act like a civilised nation, its violent fascist tendencies, its desire to subvert Western democracy by supporting fascists and extremists.

Then again, if you're a neo-Nazi you wouldn't see that as subversion; you'd see it as Lord Putin coming to the rescue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    I read something claiming that the Obama-Watersports thing was a tongue-in-cheek fanfiction picked up
    Well, there's a screenshot of an email from a Trump supporter claiming that is the case. And this is what Trump supporters are trumpeting as proof that it is the case. There hasn't been any actual evidence.

believed and legitimized by CIA official, failed Presidential Candidate and bitterly anti-Trump vagabond Evan McMullin.
    That claim, that it is McMullin, demonstrates the Trumpkins are lying. The source of that report was a former MI6 officer, not Evan McMullin.

No idea if its true, no particular reason to think that it is or isn't
    There's every reason to think the 4chan theory isnt true; we've seen zero evidence for it except a screenshot of an email by a Trump supporter claiming that its a 4chan hoax. No-one seems able to link to the actual "fanfic" they're claiming was the origin of it.

What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence, I therefore dismiss this desperate Trumpkin theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    I don't know about that. He hasn't actually done anything wrong in terms of deserving impeachment from a legal perspective. If sexual deviancy qualified Al Gore would have become President and there's nothing technically wrong with being chummy with other world leaders.
    The sexual deviancy is not what would be the cause for impeachment, obviously. It's being an agent of a foreign power, if this can be shown. He also seems determined to break the federal nepotism law by appointing his son-in-law to a paid White House position. He and his supporters said that this is okay because the president doesn't have to follow the law; he can simply pardon himself. That's the claim, of course he can't self-pardon impeachment proceedings.

There are plenty of ethics violations they can get him on. Until the last couple of days his team were claiming that his cabinet members should be approved by the senate without even completing the lawfully-mandated ethics background checks and FBI checks.

He is already looking like one of the most corrupt presidents in history before he's even taken office. He's also the most unpopular president elect since we've had data on approval ratings. President Obama had a 77% approval rating on entering office. Even 50% of McCain voters had a positive view of him. Now not even everyone who voted for Trump views him positively. He doesn't understand the concept of political capital, and he is going to continue with his arrogant, peremptory attitude and this will be his downfall.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like another ruse from the anonymous hacker known as 4Chan

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...hics-questions

http://nypost.com/2017/01/10/buzzfee...o-a-new-level/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.