Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am currently looking to start a PhD next September/October and I am unsure which institution to go for. I currently have an offer from Cambridge and I am hoping to soon receive an offer from KCL. My prospective supervisor from KCL has so far been extremely helpful and I am sure that I would receive excellent supervision from her. My prospective supervisor from Cambridge also seems very good, but I suspect I might receive more time and attention from the KCL prospective supervisor. The other issue is funding. It is still a it early to know about funding, although I sense, given the support of the KCL supervisor, that I might stand a good chance of winning AHRC funding from KCL. I sense, however, that it might be harder to win funding from Cambridge, especially AHRC funding, and that if I do it is more likely to be partial funding from a college. My question is firstly where do you think I should go and secondly if I get full funding from KCL should I choose it over partial funding from Cambridge? Also what if I did, although the chances are possibly quite slim, get full funding from both universities? Where should I go? It is a really hard decision, and I sense that which ever I chose I might end up feeling haunted by the possibilities of the other - obviously to decline an offer from Cambridge would be a huge decision! Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Full funding is better. Normally an AHRC scholarship is always full (unless you're from the EU).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.