Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I have a DipHE in Architeure K100 and am looking for a relevant top up degree to get a BA. I have looked everywhere and can not seem to find anything. My school say my only option is to appeal. PLEASE HELP?

    I don't know the circumstances or which School you were at, but a DipHE is a lower qualification which means the School have decided you did not achieve the standards required for a degree. To get to the point of being awarded a DipHE I would expect either you have not submitted/ failed by a significant margin or been given opportunities to resit the failed modules or to resit the whole year and still not achieved the required standards. I would also expect you would only be able to appeal if there was a procedural error. I would not expect you to be able to appeal just because you are not happy with the marks - that is academic judgement and, the bottom line is, that expertise is what you are paying fees to receive. For the School to be accredited by QAA, the ARB and validated by the RIBA, the school must have a robust system of assessment, moderation and external examiners.

    As you have received a qualification from your current/previous school, you are extremely unlikely to find anywhere that will "top up" to a Degree - certainly not anywhere that would give you an exemption from the Part I. You might be able to get on another architecture degree in first or, possibly, second year, but you would have to convince the school you were applying to that you would now be able to reach the standards for a BA. Unless you had extenuating circumstances that affected your performance and a good reason why you did not make your University aware of these before they awarded you a DipHE, then perhaps you have to think about what else you want to do.

    Sorry, I know that is not the answer you wanted. Good luck.
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.