The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 - January 12, 2017

I didn't see a thread made for the exam tomorrow, so I thought I'd make one.

Scroll to see replies

Hey!!! Any ideas as to what experiment may come in tomorrow's paper
Reply 2
The experiment to find acceleration due to gravity could come. Also force/extension, stress/strain graphs. May to find energy changes in a pendulum also.
Paper was not bad. Missed 2 parts in the young modulus question.
What is the answer for the number of points gained by the skier. I got about 90
I don't think we should discuss the exam until like 6 hours later or something.
Original post by JeSuisAhmedN
I don't think we should discuss the exam until like 6 hours later or something.

K cool.
Reply 7
What time did your exams start today?
Was the points 90.06?
Was the angle of arrival of the skier 54?
What was the Youngs Modulus of the wire?
What was the mass of air in the first question?
Reply 9
Original post by Waheed1998
Was the points 90.06?

I don't think that discussing the exam paper rn would be better. Some people in other countries wouldn't have started their exams. You can discuss it after a maximum period of 6 hours, just like the OP said.
Original post by Reshyna
I don't think that discussing the exam paper rn would be better. Some people in other countries wouldn't have started their exams. You can discuss it after a maximum period of 6 hours, just like the OP said.

Different time zones have different papers. So it's really not a problem.

Also are any of you doing unit 2?
Original post by Marzy-Sama
Different time zones have different papers. So it's really not a problem.

Also are any of you doing unit 2?

I'm doing unit 1, 2, & 3 in May. No they don't. The same paper is offered in all time zones. IAL and AL may differ of course. But the IAL paper provided is the same world-wide. That's how you decide the world-prize winner and the rank of the country for a particular subject.
Original post by suwakeesh
What is the answer for the number of points gained by the skier. I got about 90

Alright I think we're good to discuss the paper. I got the points as 90.6 so I rounded it to 91. The distance I got was around 137 metres
Original post by suwakeesh
Paper was not bad. Missed 2 parts in the young modulus question.

The young modulas experiment was a little tricky to understand but I did manage to solve everything, whether it was right or not, I am not sure.
Original post by Reshyna
What time did your exams start today?

It started 9 am and I live in Saudi Arabia (GMT +3)
Was the points 90.06?

I don't remember the exact value but I believe it was in the powers of 11. So (Value) x10^11
What was your value?
I actually skipped the question about the angle of the skier because I didn't understand it that well at first and I had other stuff to solve so instead I solved everything else and the time eventually ran out then, but it's fine, it was only 4 marks and I think I generally solved the entire paper really well. I might even get the full UMS hopefully
I don't remember the exact value but I believe it was in the powers of 11. So (Value) x10^11
What was your value?

Mine was 1.125 into 10 raise to power 11
I actually skipped the question about the angle of the skier because I didn't understand it that well at first and I had other stuff to solve so instead I solved everything else and the time eventually ran out then, but it's fine, it was only 4 marks and I think I generally solved the entire paper really well. I might even get the full UMS hopefully

Good luck for the full UMS! Do youremember what you got for the frictional force the last part of that question!Was it around 17 or 18?i think i got it wrong.
Mine was 1.125 into 10 raise to power 11

I do remember that it was something like that, :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest