The Student Room Group

IELTS academic or IELTS academic UKIV for university admission

I have received an offer from University of Manchester which requires me to score a minimum of 6 in IELTS.

I know that the IELTS needed is IELTS academic but I am not sure if i should do just the normal IELTS or IELTS UKIV.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
I suggest that you address the question to the very people who imposed the condition on you; the University of Manchester.

They should be in a better place to clarify what IELTS they expect from you.
give more description
Reply 3
Guys any tips and links for ielts writing
Original post by lyamlim97
I have received an offer from University of Manchester which requires me to score a minimum of 6 in IELTS.

I know that the IELTS needed is IELTS academic but I am not sure if i should do just the normal IELTS or IELTS UKIV.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi. I needed some help. So I'm an international applicant. I haven't applied to UCAS yet. I haven't even given my IELTS yet. I will apply to unis this November and probably give my IELTS in December/January. So I wanted to know if I can still get a conditional offer from them now and then tick my IELTS as 'pending' and upload it later on in February. I seriously don't need 5 rejections! Pls help me out!...
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Hi. I needed some help. So I'm an international applicant. I haven't applied to UCAS yet. I haven't even given my IELTS yet. I will apply to unis this November and probably give my IELTS in December/January. So I wanted to know if I can still get a conditional offer from them now and then tick my IELTS as 'pending' and upload it later on in February. I seriously don't need 5 rejections! Pls help me out!...

Hi,I am an international student and have applied through UCAS. One of the uni I applied to gave me a conditional offer without me taking my IELTS (did not take it because I didnt know if my international qualification would be accepted or not). In their conditional offer, they required me to take IELTS. So, i believe uni will still give a conditional offer even if your IELTS result is pending.
Original post by cylegolaslover
Hi,I am an international student and have applied through UCAS. One of the uni I applied to gave me a conditional offer without me taking my IELTS (did not take it because I didnt know if my international qualification would be accepted or not). In their conditional offer, they required me to take IELTS. So, i believe uni will still give a conditional offer even if your IELTS result is pending.

Ohh. Thank you soo so much! That's such a relief :smile: and btw, did they give any IELTS result submission deadline or something? And did you apply this year?
(edited 6 years ago)
Ohh. Thank you soo so much! That's such a relief :smile: and btw, did they give any IELTS result submission deadline or something? And did you apply this year?

Yes, they did. It was by end of July next year, if I remember correctly. I applied in late October and just got my offer early this week.
Yes, they did. It was by end of July next year, if I remember correctly. I applied in late October and just got my offer early this week.

Oh that's cool. Congrats! Sorry, but just one last question. What course and universities did you apply to? And which one gave you the offer? That is, If I may ask?
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh that's cool. Congrats! Sorry, but just one last question. What course and universities did you apply to? And which one gave you the offer? That is, If I may ask?

Pertaining to IELTS, I applied for Journalism and Newcastle University required me to take the exams.
Original post by Pochi101
Guys any tips and links for ielts writing

Hi,

I used ielts4me.com. The courses are very in depth and have lots of activities to complete. They have a promotion where you can get 1 course for free on their Facebook page: ielts4me.com

Good luck.
Pertaining to IELTS, I applied for Journalism and Newcastle University required me to take the exams.

I'm international student applying for uk uni. As it is known I need to pass the IeLTS with minimum of 6 band. Could you tell me guys how's the exams like
And what sort of key preparation to reach a good band

Quick Reply

Latest