Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with Performance Anxiety needed ASAP Watch

ReputationRep:
    So in like 5 hours I'm performing with the local orchestra a few pieces; I bargained with them to do a couple pieces I liked (and they didn't say no, they need a harpist) but I legitimately can't co-ordinate my hands today

Verdi's Nabucco is the main bulk of the concert and it's not difficult for me per se, except for a couple sections where the harp does a cadenza (eg in Gli Arredi Festivi) but because there's a lot of attention drawn to it I'm kind of freaking out

The other two pieces I got to play were Clash on the Big Bridge and Torn From the Heavens by Nobuo Uematsu and the harp does a lot in those two pieces and I know I did ask to play them but I'm tensing up (which affects the hands obviously) in rehearsal.

So does anyone have any tips or experience they can give to help overcome last-minute performance anxiety? Would be much appreciated, thank you ^^''

Pieces in question:

Gli Arredi Festivi (2:44 onwards)
    Clash on the Big Bridge (first few seconds say it all)
    Torn from the Heavens (opening few seconds again)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.