150 - 159
    16.28%
    160 +
    20.93%

• Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I have an IQ of 146. What's yours?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants an accurate IQ test, try this.

http://www.cerebrals.org/jcti/

Made by a PhD psychometrician, with heavy correlation to recognised IQ tests; Probably takes 1-2 hours. Maximum of 52 questions that scale to how well you're doing, so two people won't necessarily do the same questions, or number of questions, if there's a large gulf in IQ.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    1-2 hours?! It better be free.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Being dyslexic my iq scores are a bit all of the place so my average is 110 but my verbal iq is a bit higher
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It depends on which standard deviation you are using. Simply stating the score is meaningless :facepalm2:

If you are in Europe there is a good chance you took the Cattell which has a standard deviation of 24, rather than 15 or 16 common elsewhere. As such, your percentile is more important than your score.

ReputationRep:
    I did the the Cattell III B test with my school and got 154. I'm a member of mensa (until my membership runs out, its pretty boring.) I think I'm in the 99th percentile. Could be 98th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Between 105 and 120.
    Smart arse

ReputationRep:
    it's different for bears. what matters is being able to catch salmon and chase hikers.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    I did the the Cattell III B test with my school and got 154. I'm a member of mensa (until my membership runs out, its pretty boring.) I think I'm in the 99th percentile. Could be 98th.
    High 98th, I believe.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Didn't you make a thread a few months ago claiming you were a genius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Didn't you make a thread a few months ago claiming you were a genius?
    Yes. IQ of 145 and above is 'genius'.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Yes. IQ of 145 and above is 'genius'.
    Which test did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Which test did you do?
    Some online ones. 146 was my lowest score, so I took that.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Some online ones. 146 was my lowest score, so I took that.
    IQ tests at the best of times are only mildly indicative of future success, online tests are almost exclusively nonsense. There are a couple that are pretty decent, but even those are generally incomplete. If you want to believe that your IQ is 146 based on online tests that is your prerogative, but given that you probably have no idea which standard deviation those tests used, let alone the relative sample size they've based their results on, I don't think you can expect anyone else to agree wholesale. Your IQ may well be 146 on some scale, it may even be far higher, but if you place some value in it why not take an official test?

This said, feel free to link me to the test you scored 146 on - I'd be interested to have a go for fun. My IQ isn't particularly high, but I do enjoy puzzles :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    IQ tests at the best of times are only mildly indicative of future success, online tests are almost exclusively nonsense. There are a couple that are pretty decent, but even those are generally incomplete. If you want to believe that your IQ is 146 based on online tests that is your prerogative, but given that you probably have no idea which standard deviation those tests used, let alone the relative sample size they've based their results on, I don't think you can expect anyone else to agree wholesale. Your IQ may well be 146 on some scale, it may even be far higher, but if you place some value in it why not take an official test?

This said, feel free to link me to the test you scored 146 on - I'd be interested to have a go for fun. My IQ isn't particularly high, but I do enjoy puzzles :borat:
    https://www.mensaiqtest.net/

The one I scored 146 on was a paper version of this.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Cba checking but probably whatevers average
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is 420, simply by blazin it :leaf:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    https://www.mensaiqtest.net/

The one I scored 146 on was a paper version of this.
    That's a very bad test. I just took it and scored 100% easily (it didn't provide a score so I found the answers to make sure).

If you are content that your IQ is 146, and that this makes you a genius, then that's fine. If it gives you confidence that's a good thing. However, I would caution you against making the claim to people in real life as it may make them think badly of you.

IQ, for most people, is about vanity. You aren't hurting anyone by making your claims so crack on

Edit: I just remembered one from a long time ago that is certainly far better than most other online options. You may enjoy taking it:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.