The Student Room Group

Iraqi army gay love story

D'aww, that's totally adorable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38506269

US Army interpreter Nayyef Hrebid and Iraqi soldier Btoo Allami fell in love at the height of the Iraq War. It was the start of a dangerous 12-year struggle to live together as a couple.

Scroll to see replies

A nice exception to the rule here.They are one of the lucky few to have a happy ending in that part of the world.
nice name Btoo

:h:
They look so happy.
What great news :smile:
99% of their country would love to see them beheaded
Original post by the bear
nice name Btoo

:h:

Haha, yes! It's a rather strange but kind of cute name.
Isn't it illegal to be gay there?
Original post by Harold98
Isn't it illegal to be gay there?

No, it's not "illegal to be gay" in Iraq.

Does your religious superstitions render you incapable of feeling joy at a couple finding true happiness and going through hell to be with one another?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
No, it's not "illegal to be gay" in Iraq.

Does your religious superstitions render you incapable of feeling joy at a couple finding true happiness and going through hell to be with one another?

I was merely stating my surprise that they could be have their relationship coming from a country like Iraq, which is not exactly known to have tolerant view towards homosexuals.

Personally, I don't feel any joy from it, no. I am personally against homosexual relations so can't really feel happy about people who are doing something wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Harold98
I was merely stating my surprise that they could be have their relationship coming from a country like Iraq, which is not exactly known to have tolerant view towards homosexuals.

Personally, I don't feel any joy from it, no. I am personally against homosexual relations so can't really feel happy about people who are doing something wrong.

Well if you actually read the article it says they had to apply for asylum in America.You know it's not very nice to tell someone they are wrong.Imagine if the whole world was gay and they told you you couldn't like girls or that you were wrong for liking girls.Thats essentially what you are saying to gay people just with the sexes reversed.
Reply 11
As a romantic that story warms my heart :smile: I wonder where the darker skinned fella is from ethnicity wise
I wish I could be happy at this but it's just plain wrong. Relationships are between a man and a woman, not a man and another man. What's the point of that relationship? They cant even have children and it's not the right environment in which to adopt children- where's the mother figure?
Reply 13
Original post by biglad2k16
I wish I could be happy at this but it's just plain wrong. Relationships are between a man and a woman, not a man and another man. What's the point of that relationship? They cant even have children and it's not the right environment in which to adopt children- where's the mother figure?

You were raised by a 'normal' family I presume, and you're still messed up. So having a mother figure doesn't always help.
Original post by Ciel.
You were raised by a 'normal' family I presume, and you're still messed up. So having a mother figure doesn't always help.

So being against homosexuality is ''messed up"? If someone were to say this about being gay, they would be absolutely demolished
Reply 15
Original post by Ladbants
So being against homosexuality is ''messed up"? If someone were to say this about being gay, they would be absolutely demolished

Nope. Nothing wrong with being 'against it' but his reasons don't make any sense: ''Relationships are between a man and a woman, not a man and another man. What's the point of that relationship?' like wth.....
Besides, have you seen his other posts? Clearly messed up.
Original post by biglad2k16

Why are relationships between a man and a woman? According to whom? Why do you feel as though you have the right to infringe upon the happiness of two people to satisfy your own religious understandings? If two people are happy, then why do you care about the status of two consenting adults? You should be happy because they're happy. It's regrettable that your worldview is so narrow as to not see beyond that.
Original post by fayeztheman
Adorable? I would say it's an abomination

Then, by definition, you are a bigot.
I'm shocked at the level of homophobia on this forum. Are the mods on strike or something?
Reply 19
Original post by Sephiroth
I'm shocked at the level of homophobia on this forum. Are the mods on strike or something?

Nice username!

Quick Reply

Latest