Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold98)
    I am personally against homosexual relations so can't really feel happy about people who are doing something wrong.
    Please enlighten me as to why it is "wrong"?

(Original post by biglad2k16)
    Relationships are between a man and a woman, not a man and another man.
    Why are relationships only between a man and a woman? The actual definition of "relationship" does not indicate that a relationship only applies to heterosexual couples. In the Oxford English Dictionary it says a relationship is:

"An emotional and sexual association or partnership between two people"

A homosexual couple therefore can meet the definition and can rightly be described as having a relationship.

What's the point of that relationship? They cant even have children
    Neither can infertile people. So do you believe it should be illegal for infertile people to get married? Do you think it is wrong for infertile people to have a relationship?

and it's not the right environment in which to adopt children- where's the mother figure?
    So do you believe single parents should have their children forcibly removed from them? Let's imagine a scenario where the mother dies, and the father is left to look after the children, do you think it would be in the best interests of the children to forcibly remove them from their father and put them into care as there would be no "mother figure" for them?

It's amazing how the same people that bash Islam for not being tolerant of gays are against homosexuality themselves :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    asdfghjkl;

very very very very cute!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be happy at this but it's just plain wrong. Relationships are between a man and a woman, not a man and another man. What's the point of that relationship? They cant even have children and it's not the right environment in which to adopt children- where's the mother figure?
    So all relationships must lead to children? Says who? And even if they do what's the point of that? We are just going to keep reproducing until we inevitably go extinct. So there really is no point in having children either. Also the last thing the world actually needs now is more children. We are on course to reach 11 billion people by the end of the century which is simply too many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    I'm shocked at the level of homophobia on this forum. Are the mods on strike or something?
    Also, unfortunately, homophobia exists a lot on here

ReputationRep:
    What a lovely story for a change! And it's shocking the amount of homophobia here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    What a lovely story for a change! And it's shocking the amount of homophobia here.
    It seems to be getting worse and worse as days go by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    It's amazing how the same people that bash Islam for not being tolerant of gays are against homosexuality themselves :rofl:
    Islam: kill gays
    Christians: love gay people but hate the sin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Islam: kill gays
    Christians: love gay people but hate the sin

The second attitude is exactly the same attitude that leads to the position of Islam wanting to kill gays.Love gay people but hate the sin is ********.It reduces a gay relationship down to the level of sex and completely ignores the feelings between the two people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    So being against homosexuality is ''messed up"? If someone were to say this about being gay, they would be absolutely demolished
    Yes it is a bit messed up to be against something which has no impact on you. Homophobic opinions are a choice and can be changed. Being gay is not a choice and the person has no control over it.

ReputationRep:
    And to the Homophobes in this thread, what do you find so spoopy about love?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    And to the Homophobes in this thread, what do you find so spoopy about love?

It's not 'love', it's hatred for the Almighty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    Yes it is a bit messed up to be against something which has no impact on you. Homophobic opinions are a choice and can be changed. Being gay is not a choice and the person has no control over it.
    Being gay is a choice and it does offend God. So if someone kills someone else, and it doesn't impact you, is that fine then?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be happy at this but it's just plain wrong. Relationships are between a man and a woman, not a man and another man. What's the point of that relationship? They cant even have children and it's not the right environment in which to adopt children- where's the mother figure?
    Name:  relationship.png
Views: 23
Size:  13.4 KB

I don't see that the definition of a relationship includes specifically a man and a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayeztheman)
    Being gay is a choice and it does offend God. So if someone kills someone else, and it doesn't impact you, is that fine then?
    How does being gay affect other people? If being gay is a choice, then being straight is also a choice, so why do some people choose to be ignorant and hating brainless beings?

Why do some people even care what's happening in other's personal life. Why can't you just live your own damn life and stop trying to make other people feel uncomfortable, just because you disapprove it.

ReputationRep:
    Is a relationship between a man and a barren woman 'plain wrong'?

ReputationRep:
    God doesn't exist.Do not hide behind superstition to justify your homophobia.

ReputationRep:
    Being gay is a choice and it does offend God.
    Let's try and an experiment. Why don't you choose to be gay tomorrow? Choose to be sexually attracted to your own gender. Please keep me informed about how it goes.

So if someone kills someone else, and it doesn't impact you, is that fine then?

Killing any person results in harm towards the person who is killed. Consensual homosexual relationships between adults, making use of contraceptives and practicing safe sex, causes harm to nobody. So how can you equate that which causes harm (murder) with that which causes nobody harm (homosexuality)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    God doesn't exist.Do not hide behind superstition to justify your homophobia.
    He does exist. You're just denying it to support your life of sin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold98)
    He does exist. You're just denying it to support your life of sin!

Prove it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.