Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help, what do they mean by transcript? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been emailing schools about applying, I don't have traditional A-levels I did an apprenticeship instead. One school has just emailed me back, and the application deadline is in 4 days. They've asked for a copy of my transcripts from my apprenticeship, along with a copy of the course specification, then copies of my diploma. I know I have my certification I can send, with one that also has all my modules on? I can try and hunt down a course specification from when I started. But I haven't the foggiest what they mean by transcript?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Email them and ask what they mean by transcripts?

At least you know you're getting it right then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    Email them and ask what they mean by transcripts?

At least you know you're getting it right then.
    Thanks, I will but I'm just a bit worried about the time it takes them to respond. I sent my first email over two weeks ago and only heard back today, when the application is due on Sunday. So I'm a little against the time here! I know if all else fails and I don't hear back in time, I can just apply anyway and see what happens. But i'm trying not to waste a choice on a school who might say no.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyPietrafesa)
    Thanks, I will but I'm just a bit worried about the time it takes them to respond. I sent my first email over two weeks ago and only heard back today, when the application is due on Sunday. So I'm a little against the time here! I know if all else fails and I don't hear back in time, I can just apply anyway and see what happens. But i'm trying not to waste a choice on a school who might say no.
    Phone them then. Just phone in and explain what they've asked for and you just want clarity on what it is. Did you have to log your daily activities for your apprenticeship?

Just assume that transcript means anything written down.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      Just assume that transcript means anything written down.
      There isn't a lot written down, I received all of my results in an email? Then my certificates just have what my course was and the 9 modules I took. But nothing about my grades? I don't even know if you'd call them grades? It's basically pass/fail. I did recieve an email confirming that I passed everything, and when I got 100%? However I am not really sure an email would be sufficient?

There isn't a lot written down, I received all of my results in an email? Then my certificates just have what my course was and the 9 modules I took. But nothing about my grades? I don't even know if you'd call them grades? It's basically pass/fail. I did recieve an email confirming that I passed everything, and when I got 100%? However I am not really sure an email would be sufficient?
        I'd be incluned to forward them the emails and scans of certificate (making it clear that you're happy to bring originals on request). I don't know if that's the right way to go about it, but it's the sort of think I usually do and it's generally gone OK.

ReputationRep:
        When you say schools you are applying to do you mean universities?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.