Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ABC A-Level grade predictions but university requires ABB. Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IJasonnnnn)
    Hey everyone,
    The course I'm hoping to apply for is Japanese Studies. The average required grades needed for 3/4 of the universities I'm looking at are ABB but at the moment I'm on track to get ABC and my predicted grades are ABC.
    Business - A
    Economics - B
    Law - C
    I have a very strong personal statement and my GCSE grades were very good. (4A, 4B, 2C)
    The Universities that I'm looking at are Sheffield (AAB), Manchester University (ABB), Manchester Metropolitan (Business with Minor Japanese) (ABB) and Cambridge, just to see if I can get in. (Probably not) (A*AA)
    Would the Manchester and Sheffield universities offer me a place?
    I would prefer Sheffield the most out of all the universities since it seems the best for the subject.
    Thanks
    I applied to five unis. Three required: A*AA, AAA, AAB. My forecast grades were ACC. I got five offers and ended up going to the AAB one with CDE.

Universities know that predicted grades aren't science and are pretty much worthless. Don't worry about it at all. It's not worth the stress.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    The course I'm hoping to apply for is Japanese Studies. The average required grades needed for 3/4 of the universities I'm looking at are ABB but at the moment I'm on track to get ABC and my predicted grades are ABC.
    Business - A
    Economics - B
    Law - C
    I have a very strong personal statement and my GCSE grades were very good. (4A, 4B, 2C)
    The Universities that I'm looking at are Sheffield (AAB), Manchester University (ABB), Manchester Metropolitan (Business with Minor Japanese) (ABB) and Cambridge, just to see if I can get in. (Probably not) (A*AA)
    I would prefer Sheffield the most out of all the universities since it seems the best for the subject.
    Thanks
    It's not a good idea to only apply for unis that ask for higher grades. You could apply for some unis that want higher, but should really have one or two unis that you're more likely to get into - unless you're completely happy about using UCAS_Extra or Clearing.

If you're applying now, then it's too late to apply for Cambridge. Their deadline is in October.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    Business - A
    Economics - B
    Law - C
    Thanks
    Pretty much what @Junno has said.

For example i am applying to universaties and want to do chem/mech engineering however i dont have any predicted grades since i am a private candidate so i dont have a teacher to predict them for me.And i got conditional offers.The universaties i am applying to are in the top 25 so yea..Unless u apply to the top6 uni's like LSE/warwick/oxford/camb then it really doesnt matter tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about predicted grades if you know you'll study hard, I was predicted something like AABC and I got A*A*AB. You could maybe change your Cambridge choice to an ABC grade uni just to be on the safe side whilst also having ABB choices if you do achieve over your predicted grades.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    Business - A
    Economics - B
    Law - C
    Thanks
    Cambridge? You've missed the deadline for Cambridge*. Actually, now you've missed the "equal consideration" deadline for all the others too...

*If you are just considering applying next year then you would really need predictions at least in line with the typical Cambridge requirement (A*AA for AMES) to be in with a chance. There's no point applying there with ABC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwaggy)
    I applied to five unis. Three required: A*AA, AAA, AAB. My forecast grades were ACC. I got five offers and ended up going to the AAB one with CDE.

Universities know that predicted grades aren't science and are pretty much worthless. Don't worry about it at all. It's not worth the stress.
    what uni is this then?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    what uni is this then?
    You can use this to see the likelihood of getting an offer with your predicted grades:
    https://twitter.com/CambTweetPBS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You can use this to see the likelihood of getting an offer with your predicted grades:
    https://twitter.com/CambTweetPBS
    No I want to know which uni asked for AAB and took CDE probably unis like Leicester,Brunel, Sussex and swansea etc
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    No I want to know which uni asked for AAB and took CDE probably unis like Leicester,Brunel, Sussex and swansea etc
    Use my link and you can see if those universities would accept such low predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Use my link and you can see if those universities would accept such low predictions.

Dude thanks for trying to help but I am talking about actual grades rather than predicted. The guy stated he got CDE at a university which asked for AAB and he got in. Nothing to do with predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Dude thanks for trying to help but I am talking about actual grades rather than predicted. The guy stated he got CDE at a university which asked for AAB and he got in. Nothing to do with predictions.
    I believe from other threads that it was Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Hey, I'm at Kent. I did have extenuating circumstances but I know others here with similar grades who got in (why I forgot to mention about my ECs).

They were already considering accepting me on Results day when they 'remembered' my ECs and then I was told I definitely had a place. Basically they lost the info due to an error and when I reminded them and resent the info I got a place.

They said they prefer people to get at least a B in the subject they intend to do.

I also got into Bath Spa with my grades without even mentioning my ECs.

I remember being told at the Applicant day that Kent cares more about the individual than the grades which I find to be true hence why I think I got in.

Also I'm female

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.