Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for a charity position and one of the questions is 'when have you shown resilience?'. Honestly, the time when I showed the most resilience was when I developed an anxiety disorder during my masters but managed to deal with it and still got a good mark. I don't know whether I should write that though - my gut says no, but a couple of friends have said it would show honesty and was impressive. Apart from that, I wouldn't know what to write, as the only thing to say would be like 'did my degree and had jobs and extracurriculars' etc, which is pretty boring and generic. Any help?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Is it a fundraising role? If so they are potentially thinking in "rejection handling" terms, so would probably be expecting examples of times you have been told "no" and kept bouncing back with a smile on your face.
    Have you had a retail job where you have had to sell loyalty cards, or a bar job where you have been asked to upsell to a specific brand, or a restaurant job where you have had to encourage diners to order meals which are cheapest to produce / slowest selling? These feel like they would tick the "rejection handling box".

The mental health angle is interesting, and its encouraging that you feel confident to discuss it - we should be more open to these discussions in the workplace and life in general. It's potentially a higher risk / higher reward option. Some people might be scared off and some people might see it as impressively open, transparent and resilient.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.