Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How'd you find the exam, any questions or answers just discuss since there aren't many threads on this

ReputationRep:
    why infrared breathalyzers do not use oh absorption to detect the amount of alcohol on the breath?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blazer)
    why infrared breathalyzers do not use oh absorption to detect the amount of alcohol on the breath?
    Why do you think they don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Why do you think they don't?
    i dont know thats why i m asking

ReputationRep:
    well the unit 1 paper i did yesterday was the most ****ed up chemistry paper ive ever seen in my life. It was basically a C34 paper (bloody hate C34) featuring some A2 questions. IT'S AN AS UNIT 1 BUT IT HAD CYCLOHEXANES AND LOGS!!! Wtf is logs doing in a chemistry exam?! the whole thing was maths basically. Calculating percentages, and power, and logssss uugggghhhh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMaskedLady)
    well the unit 1 paper i did yesterday was the most ****ed up chemistry paper ive ever seen in my life. It was basically a C34 paper (bloody hate C34) featuring some A2 questions. IT'S AN AS UNIT 1 BUT IT HAD CYCLOHEXANES AND LOGS!!! Wtf is logs doing in a chemistry exam?! the whole thing was maths basically. Calculating percentages, and power, and logssss uugggghhhh
    Wow, seriously? But what was the purpose of LOGS in a chemistry paper?:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reshyna)
    Wow, seriously? But what was the purpose of LOGS in a chemistry paper?:hmmmm:
    it was a graph of the ionisation energies of potassium and you had to use the logs to calculate the actual ionisation energy value and also explain why they used logs in the graph rather than the actual values????

because they want to f*ck us up that's why
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    it was a graph of the ionisation energies of potassium and you had to use the logs to calculate the actual ionisation energy value and also explain why they used logs in the graph rather than the actual values????

Oh god! I was lucky I didn't write the exam . I hate calculating ionisation energies and stuff especially calculating from graphs :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    whats the answer for that mcq . how many isomers does c3h5cl have ? whats enthalpy change of c-c bond ?

ReputationRep:
    It wa pretty hard, I've solved all unit 1 past papers from previous years, but this was was completely different. It's stricture and thyme of questions. A lot for igcse material that I don't remembered that well. Questions were confusing and you couldn't really understand what it asks for. I don't know about others. But for me and while my classmates who are doing chem it was hard. I think they've changed it as thy did with physics last year

ReputationRep:

Next exercise on the same page, idk we didn't learn the formula I calculated It with simultaneous question.

ReputationRep:
    i hae organic chemistry cause i lose marks in this part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katenell)
    i hae organic chemistry cause i lose marks in this part
    Practice more then.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone did the unit 2 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Need help guys. How to do this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.