Hi all, I'm a Canadian student, and I'm debating between St. Andrews and Edinburgh for a semester-long student exchange. I had been set on Edinburgh for a while, but looked into St. Andrews in case, and found out that I really liked a lot of what was being offered. I'm a history student. I need help deciding which university is better, so I'd appreciate any help or advice! Please note that grades nor cost of tuition is a concern because I only pay my basic fees to my home university.
1) Is on-campus accommodation at St. Andrews filled primarily with first-year students? I'll be 21/22 while on exchange and I don't want to be the oldest one there.
2) The university seems very sports-based and I'm not into any sports whatsoever. Will that be a problem?
3) I'm not massively into partying either, though I do enjoy it sometimes. Are there still things for me to do in terms of a nightlife?
4) Is the university as pretentious as the stereotype makes it out to be?
5) How long would it take to get to the airport in Edinburgh from St. Andrews if you're taking a bus/train? I want to travel to other places in Europe on the weekends.
Thank you so much in advance!
Has yours come through yet?