Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To the gay guys- why are we so reluctant to give each other a chance? Watch

Hello everyone,

So I have a slight rant and also questions which I really want answers for, and this is aimed at the gay guys here. (I am a gay male myself).

I am a 3rd year University student doing a 4 year degree, and one thing I have to say I have noticed throughout my time at University is the fact that us gays just don't seem to want to give each other a chance, and are so reluctant to consider being in a relationship with another guy.

Now before people jump down my throat and say ''This is nonsense, my two gay friends Harry and John have been together for 8 months now and they are really cute and happy'', of course I know there are going to be exceptions, and yes this is a slight generalisation. However it is a general trend for the majority of gay men at University from my exeperience.

Here is what I find the general trend is for gay guys at University. It seems after a bit of alcohol inside them they will get with each other, maybe even escalate further in the bedroom, and probably not talk again. Or they will get the odd drunken tinder and grindr hook up. On the odd occasion it seems that you will get gay guys going on a date or two but one of them always seems to freak out and nothing becomes of it.

And yes I know that straight men and straight guys get with each other at University at parties and clubs. Gay men are not unique to that. But once again from my observation, even all the straight people I know that were considered 'promiscous' during a lot of their time at University, have mainly settled down. By final year it seems nearly all of them met the right person and they are happily settled down, and only sleeping with one person now. However, this does not seem to be the case for the gay men.

So this leads me onto the next point. Why? Why are us gay men so reluctant to consider settling down with someone? Why are us gay men so affraid of committment?

I sometimes wonder is it almost a level of internal homophobia that gay men still hhave? Is it fear of the unknown?

Why are we so picky of each other and always think that we can do better than every guy that approaches us? When we haven't given him a chance?

OK so that is what I have to say done with....I would love to know others takes on what I have to say....I have no doubt people will disagree a lot with me but it's my honest take on it

I am looking forward to hearing of peoples opinions!!

God this is what I was thinking the other day and I'm still at college. I agree 100% with you. Most gay guys are ****boys, just looking to shag every gay guy in town. In my college there are far more gay guys than lesbians, yet almost all lesbains are in a relationship and none of the gay guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    God this is what I was thinking the other day and I'm still at college. I agree 100% with you. Most gay guys are ****boys, just looking to shag every gay guy in town. In my college there are far more gay guys than lesbians, yet almost all lesbains are in a relationship and none of the gay guys.
    Testosterone is a game changer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.