Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyione.

I am lonely still. I am always lonely now. I am so lonely, that I am sat here, in the library, struggling to even read for the essay I have to hand in by friday.

Literally sitting here, with a bag of creme eggs, all eaten, and no desire to do anything at all. No one speaks to me anymore.

I think everyone hates me, as no one speaks to me anymore.

I am lonely.

I cant even motivate myself to read for this essay.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  15978234_1580575855292075_427005195_n.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  14.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure people don't hate you, what about your friends?

ReputationRep:
    Have you told a doctor this? Maybe you should get some counselling.

I also know that you are not hated. Absolutely not. You are simply low at the moment.

Try talking to family or school about and see if they can help. If you are struggling to do work, perhaps the school can do something to assist with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    Hello everyione.

I am lonely still. I am always lonely now. I am so lonely, that I am sat here, in the library, struggling to even read for the essay I have to hand in by friday.

Literally sitting here, with a bag of creme eggs, all eaten, and no desire to do anything at all. No one speaks to me anymore.

I am lonely.

Feelsbadman.

Do something you enjoy for a set period of time and then make a small start on that essay.

ReputationRep:
    no one want to be my friend anymore

ReputationRep:
    no one want to be my friend anymore
    you need to get out there make friends join societies clubs make friends at school by talking to people that you dont usually talk to
    be open and smile and listening to people is sometimes one of the best ways to communicate
    and it is harder said than done and no one said its easy
    also everyone feels lonely and isolated sometimes its normal
    i feel like that too sometimes but you need to realise you are not by yourself and there is always gonna be that 1 group or even 1 friend that understands you
    you just have to find them
    just know its okay and there is always hope
    so try not to spend your time worrying and get out there and be happy

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyione.

I am lonely.

I understand how you feel - loneliness is an extremely difficult thing to go through, we are a social species and require validation and care. Not having that causes us to feel low, which is completely okay.

I know what it feels like to walk through a hallway and have everyone stare right through you, like you don't even exist. It's terrible and it's really hard. It gets to the point where it severely affects us as humans, and that's understandable considering how we're made up genetically and chemically in our brains. We search for care and love.

One of the main things to do when you're lonely is to give whatever validation there is. That means that, for example as you are now, that it's okay to feel like this. You have a reason to feel like this. And it's hard, but with work, you can improve yourself. It's just holding on to whatever makes it that tiny bit better, and trying and working for whatever works for you.

And you know what? It doesn't even matter that nobody likes you. It does, but I mean, that's something that happens, and the least you can do is work on recovering from that. Here's some suggestions what you can do to make it a little bit better:

- Finding a hobby, or something that gives you enjoyment or distraction. Whether its art, or writing, or just something that's constructive, it's something that's self nurturing into your character and can strengthen you. It's about learning to enjoy, as much as you can, your own company.

- Discover people and simple social interactions - no matter how miniscule they are. You can do this through volunteering, where you can have some social interaction while nurturing yourself. Volunteering helps mental health - it really did for me. Being on online communities, or having internet friends, or doing something like I did (active listening at 7cups) can further help you out and make you feel a bit better. Having a job perhaps, or whatever it is.

- Reward and take care of yourself. Loneliness has been shown to affect our biological systems, however when we take care of ourselves and become resilient, our systems regenerate. We evolved to feel lonely for survival, to keep together which gives us a better chance of survival. So that means not forcing yourself through something terrible - like right now. You're in the library, trying to get through that essay - take a walk, get some air, focus on your breathing. Get your favourite food, don't overwork yourself, etc.

I guess my main message is to nurture yourself to become more resilient. Sometimes loneliness is difficult, but you can learn to cope with it better. People will always say, oh try and make friends etc, but when you're lonely you already have a damaged self esteem so working on yourself is more guaranteed to give results than trying to work things out with other human beings while not being in the best state yourself. Focus on yourself, you're worth it. And when you do try and make friends - remember, just because something has happened before, doesn't mean it will happen again. stay strong there's lots of us here with you.

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s...ng/loneliness/
    https://www.childline.org.uk/info-ad...ess-isolation/
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...its-increasing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.