Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'm not at university.
    Aaah yes, I do remember you mentioning.

I guess some quality time off won't harm. Perhaps in correct amounts it should help your studies rather than hinder it.
    Exactly, it's all about balance and you get that by the end of the first year, conveniently AFTER the exams :P

Are lectures that helpful? I guess with me I sit down with the book and what I don't understand I'll bring up in a tutor session or something.
    Depends on who the lecturer is...I only ever remember going to Herring's lectures and they were good....the others were crap. Tutors help a lot though.

I found it quite funny to hear someone was charged with being an alien - Larsonneur or however it is spelt. Then later an American was charged with the same crime. Made me think of Area 51 and a grey alien standing in the dock :rolleyes:
    Haha not alien in the abnormal sense of the word of course, just not belonging to the country =P

Reminds me of Charlie Deed from the TV BBC programme, Judge John Deed
    Never seen it...I rarely watch law related programmes, surprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Never seen it...I rarely watch law related programmes, surprisingly.
    Not enough time? Or fighting over the TV? No idea how much TV I could watch at university. I don't watch much compared to most people I know anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Judge John Deed is brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Judge John Deed is brilliant!
    I prefer Kavanagh QC

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Kavanagh QC
    I was too young when that was on, wasn't interested in it.

The Brief was quite good, if slightly exaggerated.

ReputationRep:
    I was too young when that was on, wasn't interested in it.
    It's out on video, the whole lot. Repeats on Sky/cable channels like UK Drama (for Deed) and Plus (for Kavanagh).

I did something like that with Deed but decided I was interested in it because I focused on the barrister side to things rather than a judge, bit of a bad mistake there.

The Brief was quite good, if slightly exaggerated.
    Never heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    Not enough time? Or fighting over the TV? No idea how much TV I could watch at university. I don't watch much compared to most people I know anyway.
    I don't watch much either and don't have a tv at university. And besides, I figure when I spend most of my life reading law books, watching tv should be fun, not depressing...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 9, 2004

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.