The Student Room Group

Integration of different ethnic groups.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
Why are some ethnic groups more integrated than others?

Because they bothered to integrate more than others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joe cooley
So the Muslim child rape gangs,Muslim suicide bombers,Muslims murdering British soldiers on the capital's streets..............not connected to tensions between British Muslims and the rest of us?

Are you sure?

You're not seeing the wood for the trees here. I'm talking about wide-reaching general themes and you're talking about specific cases and incidents.
Original post by anarchism101
You're not seeing the wood for the trees here. I'm talking about wide-reaching general themes and you're talking about specific cases and incidents.

So, its just coincidence that we never have this conversation about non-Muslims living in the UK who originate from the Indian sub-continent?
Reply 23
Money. Immigrants to this country are forced into ghettos / working class council estates where they compete for the same jobs as the native British. As the native British quite rightly believe they should get the job, it causes conflict. If both groups had money, they would disperse from the ghettos and assimilate at a superficial level, by which I mean they would be able to talk and hold a conversation with other ethnicities without being threatened, intimidated and violated by them. If you're poor, it's natural to think everyone is against you, and the fact that the immigrants are often non-white / can't speak English means they are blamed and are at the receiving end of this hate.
Reply 24
Before immigration was ever an issue, so going back about 30 years or so, the U.K. was already a divided country. English people hated and were hated by the Scottish, Welsh and the Irish. A person living in say London was seen as a foreigner by a Welsh farmer etc. Lots of little isolated communities in 4 distinct countries forming the UK resulted in the fragmentation of a collective national identity. This meant that when the immigrants started coming in their droves, the natives did not stand together as one collective peoples and protest, the result of which is the atomisation of today's lifestyle i.e. Every man for himself, loss of community, break up of culture etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending