Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thoughts on this new ED SHEERAN song? Watch

• Political Ambassador

I love Ed Sheeran, he is one of the most impressive lyricists in music today, he's different and he needs no auto-tune in order to sound perfect. "Thinking Out Loud" was the most used love ballad at weddings and simply amazing as most of his songs are. :innocent:

After a yearlong hiatus, he released two songs and one of them is "Shape of you", which was initially intended for Rihanna, but he decided to keep it for himself. It is popular as I was expecting, really catchy and I love the beat, but the lyrics are not that deep and quite commercial, comparing it to his previous songs. Still addicted to it. :flute:

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I hate his music. He sounds like a whining ginger ferret.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Abdukazam)
    I hate his music. He sounds like a whining ginger ferret.
    Why do you have to ruin my Ed Sheeran mood?? :rolleyes:

His gingerness is cute. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I love it but can't decide which one out of shape of you and castle on the hill I like more 🤔

ReputationRep:
    Shape of you :heart:

ReputationRep:
    I posted this 5 days ago and nobody conmented
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They are very good songs and I like Ed's music but can't help but feel he's losing or lost that sound that made him an artist. I shouldn't be surprised, happens to every band and artist who become mainstream. It's becoming generic pop
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by EC)
    I love Ed Sheeran, he is one of the most impressive lyricists in music today, he's different and he needs no auto-tune in order to sound perfect. "Thinking Out Loud" was the most used love ballad at weddings and simply amazing as most of his songs are. :innocent:

After a yearlong hiatus, he released two songs and one of them is "Shape of you", which was initially intended for Rihanna, but he decided to keep it for himself. It is popular as I was expecting, really catchy and I love the beat, but the lyrics are not that deep and quite commercial, comparing it to his previous songs. Still addicted to it. :flute:

What do you think?

Honestly, not his best but not bad
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by hezzlington)
    I posted this 5 days ago and nobody conmented
    Oh, sorry for stealing the light. Lol. So do you love the song?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Oh, sorry for stealing the light. Lol. So do you love the song?
    No
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Shape of you :heart:
    Ikr, I'm obsessed. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a huge Ed Sheeran fan, love most of his songs, but haven't heard his 2 latest ones yet. I'll listen to them tonight and I hope I'm not disappointed by them!

ReputationRep:
    I like it , I think all his stuff sounds the same though TBH not like mind blowing **** xxx
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    They are very good songs and I like Ed's music but can't help but feel he's losing or lost that sound that made him an artist. I shouldn't be surprised, happens to every band and artist who become mainstream. It's becoming generic pop
    Yeah, I thought maybe he wanted to go in a different direction with this one. Here's what he said: "This was the last song that was finished, and I just didn't put two and two together that this was even going to be on the album. I just kind of wrote it and was like 'oh, that was fun."

(Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Honestly, not his best but not bad
    Not his best, but it's still lovely.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by hezzlington)
    No
    Reallyyyyyy? Y not? :cry:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Rebecca Porter)
    I love it but can't decide which one out of shape of you and castle on the hill I like more 🤔
    It's up to preferences, for me castle on the hill isn't that attractive tbh.

ReputationRep:
    it's... oooookaaaay

There's not much to the instrumental side and I'm not that impressed with the vocals/lyrics so yea.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by XOR_)
    it's... oooookaaaay

There's not much to the instrumental side and I'm not that impressed with the vocals/lyrics so yea.
    Do you like his other songs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Do you like his other songs?
    One or two :yes:
    I haven't heard an album of his yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan of his music, but I totally rate him as a singer, as a writer and as an artist in general.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.