Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Portfolio for upcoming interview is a bit unrelated to the role Watch

Announcements

I have an interview for a position that is videographer/design related.

The job specification lists duties and roles which would normally be within the repetroire of most designers. However, the role is also video based.

Although I have some examples of video projects I have been involved with while in University, largely my work is print (visual) design based.

A lot of the software and key competencies on the spec I fulfil, but its just the part where they talk about vlogging and video marketing and the like.

My work is a bit thin on ground in this aspect. Interview not until later next week but I just feel a bit silly really. I have two pieces to show- and they are completely random projects I did while studying.

I can video edit, I can use a lot of the software, but im short of evidencing the fact.

I also can use other software which it said would be advantageous.

So I dunno perhaps I can spin it a bit and talk more about my design work and ability to use software rather than a distinct lack of video pieces.

What do you think?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.