Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi

I am looking to enroll on a NVQ level 2&3 electricians course the course duration is 16 weeks completed at a rate of 2 full time weeks per month total (30 week course duration)

As i am 31 living in my own private rented house i would like to know if i would be eligible for a maintenance grant to help cover my household costs.

thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Advanced Learner Loans are repayable, non means tested (not based on the household income) fee loans for all eligible persons aged 19 or over, who wish to undertake courses at Level 3 or above at a College or Training Organisation in England.

There is no funding for maintenance loan or grant for this type of loan.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Hi

Advanced Learner Loans are repayable, non means tested (not based on the household income) fee loans for all eligible persons aged 19 or over, who wish to undertake courses at Level 3 or above at a College or Training Organisation in England.

There is no funding for maintenance loan or grant for this type of loan.

Thanks

Hi i am aware of the advanced learner loan and i am eligible for that on my course.

but if i am completing this course 2 weeks of the month i will be unable to meet my household bills working part time and was looking at the maintenance loan on the gov.uk website to see if that would be available.

thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi

We only cover the cost of the fees on these types of course. We do not provide a maintenance loan for these.

You may wish to speak to your College as to any other funding available for assistance with your costs.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.