Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Handwriting watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been told by various people that a person's handwriting can reveal a lot about them; like whether they're male or female/personality traits etc...but I don't see it at all.

Each person's handwriting is unique, and so how can a style indicate personality? My handwritng's messy, half in capitals and medium-sized. I really don't see what that says about me as a person :confused:

And I've never been able to work out a person by analysing their handwriting alone.

ReputationRep:
    Graphology in my opinion is about as respectable as Phrenology and Astrology.

ReputationRep:
    Graphology - I think there's something in it, because some employers study the handwriting when reading applicants' CV's! Everyone's personality is unique too.

It's true that when you're not feeling as confident your handwriting size can get smaller, or you can regress to using print when you want to make a particular point clear in your writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    My handwritng's messy, half in capitals and medium-sized. I really don't see what that says about me as a person :confused:
    I think that means that you are a kidnapper.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if that graphology would work with me.
    Mainly coz I'm left handed and hold the pen in an abnormal way.
    This means that most of my handwriting is influenced by the nib of the pen.

I can't write in biro and in felt tip it smudges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I think that means that you are a kidnapper.
    Hahaha...cool.
    I've often been told it's very unusual, but cool at the same time (the capital thing...I guess it's just an idiosyncrasy.)

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could tell a lot about people by their handwriting.
    Also, do you know that sometimes you say things backward as well as forward.

For instance, Neil Armstrong said: That's one small step for man, one..giant leap for mankind.
    And backwards it says: Man..will space walk.

Honest to god, I reversed it for my self and it is true

ReputationRep:
    can anyone see my pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Chameleon)
    can anyone see my pic?
    no

ReputationRep:
    i see, anyway, this is the link to the reversed speech of Niel Armstrong here right click and save target as

ReputationRep:
    I write in letters cut out of newpapers. What does that say about me?

MB

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: u dont have a writing implement?
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB

ReputationRep:
    can u see my pic now?

ReputationRep:
    can u see my pic now?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    can u see my pic now?
    Nope...oh, do you mean your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    my hand writing is terrible!

ReputationRep:

MB
    that your the kidnapper

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=firebladez777.5]My handwritng's messy, half in capitals and medium-sized. I really don't see what that says about me as a person :confused[QUOTE]It says that you can be quite lazy (and cannot remember the rest of the description)! Not being rude, you're probably not like that as a person at all, but I read it somewhere, that's all.

ReputationRep:

MB
    youre a fugative.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=icetopaz_h454][QUOTE=firebladez777.5]My handwritng's messy, half in capitals and medium-sized. I really don't see what that says about me as a person :confused
    It says that you can be quite lazy (and cannot remember the rest of the description)! Not being rude, you're probably not like that as a person at all, but I read it somewhere, that's all.
    Lol ...probably quite an accurate description then! (Although I'm not always lazy, and do enjoy sport. Just when it comes to housework.....)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.